Windows 10: Uninstalling a Virus

Discus and support Uninstalling a Virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was looking through my computer and found a virus called smartbar. I tried to uninstall it but I couldn’t (apparently the app is open or something BS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Quad, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Quad Win User

Uninstalling a Virus

I was looking through my computer and found a virus called smartbar. I tried to uninstall it but I couldn’t (apparently the app is open or something BS I know). Is there any way I could do it otherwise? I don’t like having a virus on my PC.

:)

2. BulldogXX Win User

HELP ON COMPUTER

Revo Uninstaller cannot uninstall a virus. Only an anti-virus program can remove a virus ... if the virus can be removed.

BulldogXX, Jan 22, 2018
  3. How to uninstall this virus (defender)

Erik,

I am interested as to why the content of your original question was removed stating a CoC violation...yet all the replies were still present...I am also interested in your calling Defender a Virus...I am beginning to think Windows 10 in it's entirety is
    a virus....the only way it seems you can get anything to work, is to provide all kinds of information and access to your computer....would like to communicate with you via personal emails or some option of your choosing...if you would contact me on my email,
    I would appreciate it...I wonder if you'll even get this msg...

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

RobertSchvaneveldt, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Uninstalling a Virus

Hi Quad.

Download and run malwarebytes. Use the free version and get it by going to the address malwarebytes.com

Don't search as you can get crappy malware infested versions.

After you've clean the virus off you can uninstall malwarebytes.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 22, 2018
Thema:

Uninstalling a Virus

1. Uninstalling a Virus - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Virus

2. Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...: Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says that the file can't be found but it's hijacking my searcjes...
  3. Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...: Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says that the file can't be found but it's hijacking my searcjes...
  4. Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i uninstall a virus?

How do i uninstall a virus?: I was trying to download a Minecraft skin and i believe i accidentally installed a virus. When i try to search anything on google it redirects to a sketchy link but my antivirus stops it. There are files on my computer i don't recognize but even with admin permission i can...
  6. How do i uninstall a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i uninstall a virus?: I was trying to download a Minecraft skin and i believe i accidentally installed a virus. When i try to search anything on google it redirects to a sketchy link but my antivirus stops it. There are files on my computer i don't recognize but even with admin permission i can...
  7. After uninstalling antivirus the Virus and threat protection not working , I tries every...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After uninstalling antivirus the Virus and threat protection not working , I tries every...: after resetting the devices the virus and thread protection is working with the antivirus software but after uninstalling the antivirus the virus and thread protection is not open as before and says the same that its IT administrator has limited access please help me , even...
  8. After uninstalling antivirus the Virus and threat protection not working , I tries every...

After uninstalling antivirus the Virus and threat protection not working , I tries every...: after resetting the devices the virus and thread protection is working with the antivirus software but after uninstalling the antivirus the virus and thread protection is not open as before and says the same that its IT administrator has limited access please help me , even...
  9. How do I uninstall this virus called "AtuctService"?

How do I uninstall this virus called "AtuctService"?: I think I downloaded this virus on november 5th, 2023. I dont remember from where, all i can remember is seeing that it was there and then trying to remove it with revo uninstaller and by using task manager and control panel unsuccesfully. I also tried microsoft scanner, but...
  10. How do I uninstall this virus called "AtuctService"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I uninstall this virus called "AtuctService"?: I think I downloaded this virus on november 5th, 2023. I dont remember from where, all i can remember is seeing that it was there and then trying to remove it with revo uninstaller and by using task manager and control panel unsuccesfully. I also tried microsoft scanner, but...