Windows 10: Uninstalling an Optional update

Discus and support Uninstalling an Optional update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed an optional update which has messed up the desktop looks. How can I roll back to previous update level. Thanks, Waxwing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by waxwing, Apr 12, 2020.

1. waxwing Win User

Uninstalling an Optional update

I installed an optional update which has messed up the desktop looks. How can I roll back to previous update level.

Thanks,

Waxwing

:)

waxwing, Apr 12, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling an Optional update :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 Update KB 4054517 can not uninstall using uninstall option

Hi,

You may try uninstalling KB4054517 using Command Prompt (Admin). To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open a Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste wmic qfe list brief /format:table to see the list of installed Windows Updates.
    • If KB4054517 is listed, copy and paste wusa /uninstall /kb:KB4054517 to uninstall it.
    • Click Yes to completely uninstall the said update.
    • Restart your computer to save the changes.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Uninstalling an Optional update

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling an Optional update

1. Uninstalling an Optional update - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Optional update

2. No "uninstall" option for specific updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "uninstall" option for specific updates.: Hello, So recently I updated some available updates, But I would like to uninstall them but I am unable too and get no "uninstall" option for the specific updates, when trying using CMD it says my system requires these recently installed updates. I have tried safe mode I have...
  3. No "uninstall" option for specific updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "uninstall" option for specific updates.: Hello, So recently I updated some available updates, But I would like to uninstall them but I am unable too and get no "uninstall" option for the specific updates, when trying using CMD it says my system requires these recently installed updates. I have tried safe mode I have...
  4. No "uninstall" option for specific updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to uninstall optional features with revo uninstaller ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall optional features with revo uninstaller ?: Hoe to to a clean uninstall win10 optional features using revo uninstaller ? It only show the apps to unstall but not optional features. 182875
  6. Can't uninstall optional updates...

Can't uninstall optional updates...: Hello, so yesterday I installed an optional update because it was forcing me to, so when I installed it I was doing all good, but I started playing CS:GO and I started crashing my games. Is there a way I can uninstall an optional update?...
  7. Windows update uninstalls optional features

Windows update uninstalls optional features: At our business we use several fonts that are now optional features they were not optional when we originally chose the fonts. Most updates uninstall the optional features, and we have to go back to reinstall fonts that we use every day. Is there a way to keep updates from...
  8. Can't uninstall optional features

Can't uninstall optional features: I wanted to uninstall Notepad to install the UWP Notepad from the Microsoft Store, but Windows won't let me uninstall classic Notepad. [ATTACH] Please help!!!...
  9. No option to uninstall KB4532693.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to uninstall KB4532693.: I've not been able to uninstall KB4532693 via the "approved" (control panel/programs and features/installed updates). When I go to right click on the KB file in the list, I do not get the UNINSTALL option. In fact, I don't get any option at all. Upon clicking other updates at...
  10. Uninstalling Optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling Optional features: Hi. I want to uninstall Optional features, now that we can in W10 1903. But I dont want to "lose" Internet Explorer or Windows media player. I dont use this programs but IE is the only other browser that I have other than Firefox and Windows media player is the only other...