Windows 10: Uninstalling an update

Discus and support Uninstalling an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received an email saying that update KB4556799 was causing some problems, to wit Windows 10 users just got a new headache to worry about. Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Khone_727, May 18, 2020.

1. Khone_727 Win User

Uninstalling an update

I received an email saying that update KB4556799 was causing some problems, to wit

Windows 10 users just got a new headache to worry about. Update Windows 10 KB4556799, launched on May 12, is hitting users with issues that hide your personal files, knock out audio and cripple your system with the Blue Screen of Death.

The most frightening issue, for many, is likely based around a confusing practice that makes people believe all of their files are deleted. Fortunately, there is a workaround according to Windows Latest — though it's annoying as heck.

Is this accurate? I'm wondering because all of a sudden I'm missing some very important files. If it is, how do I uninstall that update?

I'm using a desktop with Win10. Will provide more on the type of desktop if needed.

Thank you.

:)

Khone_727, May 18, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling an update :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 18, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Uninstalling an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 18, 2020
  4. Uninstalling an update

can't uninstall KB3132372

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are getting error while uninstalling KB3132372.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What is error message / error code you are getting
      uninstalling KB3132372?
    • What happens when you try to uninstall KB3132372?
    I would suggest you to uninstall the update from Programs & Features and check.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ X key
    • Select Programs & Features
    • Click on View Installed Updates
    • Select the update > Click Uninstall

Please update us with the required information. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling an update

1. Uninstalling an update - Similar Threads - Uninstalling update

2. uninstall windows update KB4556799

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstall windows update KB4556799: trying to uninstall an update. I selected the update from the list of installed updates but there is no uninstall button to click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-windows-update-kb4556799/d944ae52-fe37-4ac2-a514-0fee140ce66f
  3. Windows not recognizing SD card. I've tried updating the driver, uninstalling,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not recognizing SD card. I've tried updating the driver, uninstalling,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/spookyburre [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw0ljo/windows_not_recognizing_sd_card_ive_tried/
  4. UNINSTALL LATEST WINDDOWS 10 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALL LATEST WINDDOWS 10 UPDATE: I NEED TO REVERSE THIS LATEST WINDOWS 10 UPDATE! I AM OLDER AND ITS HARD ENOUGH TO OPERATE THE EVERCHANGING WEB, I AM ON THE PHONE TRYING TO NAVIGATE SOMETHING DAILY..THIS NEW UPDATE JUST ISNT COMPATIBLE WITH MY SET UP, WHICH I FINALLY GOT FAMILIAR WITH AFTER 5 YRS.. I HEARD...
  5. Cannot uninstall malfunctioning WIFI device after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall malfunctioning WIFI device after windows update: I'm working on windows 1903 on an older HP System Model NY536AA-ABA 300-1020 all-in-one: the internal WIFI was connecting OK until update in April, now it displayed first "connected; no internet", but now it shows a bang! in the yellow triangle and has message "Windows cannot...
  6. VMware uninstalled after recent update help

VMware uninstalled after recent update help: I just updated VMware as it was asking me to update it and after the first installation and reboot I check the box with the terms and conditions and during the final stage a error popped up saying “HLChost not downloaded” or something similar (sorry didn’t pay much attention)...
  7. Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799): Running Win 10 Home, Version 1909 on Acer Aspire A515-43 When I go to Settings>Update History>Select Update I can see and highlight the update but there is no uninstall option! So I start in advanced startup mode - I can select the Uninstall latest Quality update option and...
  8. Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799)

Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799): Running Win 10 Home, Version 1909 on Acer Aspire A515-43 When I go to Settings>Update History>Select Update I can see and highlight the update but there is no uninstall option! So I start in advanced startup mode - I can select the Uninstall latest Quality update option and...
  9. Uninstall new updates?

Uninstall new updates?: Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Update Warning - Forbes www.forbes.com › sites › gordonkelly › 2020/05/26 1 day ago - The problem, once again, is KB4556799, a recentWindows 10 update pushed to millions of PCs which has already caused numerousissues, including Blue Screen...
  10. Uninstall updates windows 10

Uninstall updates windows 10: So I ran into a problem installing an optional update on windows 10 earlier this month and my pc has become unresponsive for certain things. File explorer Updates get stuck C drive just loads forever without stopping PC does not restart or shut down without manually doing so...