Windows 10: Uninstalling app that isn't on registry

Discus and support Uninstalling app that isn't on registry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to download a new version of Quicken and the first step of the new version required uninstalling prior version. This step crashed and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MariaBarnett2, May 2, 2019.

1. Uninstalling app that isn't on registry

I tried to download a new version of Quicken and the first step of the new version required uninstalling prior version. This step crashed and I've tried to manually uninstall Quicken but it doesn't show up on my app list to uninstall.

I can still click this file to open my old Quicken:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken

Name Type

qw Application

So it's still there but how can I uninstall?

:)

MariaBarnett2, May 2, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 2, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Removing app from Windows registry

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue specific to a particular app?
    • What other steps have you tried before the registry step in order to uninstall that app?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, May 2, 2019
  4. Uninstalling app that isn't on registry

Jame won't recgonize itself as being uninstalled and now it won't reinstall

ok peeps, I uninstalled J2SE Runtime Enviornment 5.0 Update 6 then tried to install a newer version did'nt work... I tried removing java from registry and from uninstall list but my system still insists that it's there any help?

stealthfighter, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalling app that isn't on registry

1. Uninstalling app that isn't on registry - Similar Threads - Uninstalling app isn't

2. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry: Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to go into registry/Uninstall and remove it from there, but it isn't there. I tried to search with Find by name, and by date,...
  3. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry: Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to go into registry/Uninstall and remove it from there, but it isn't there. I tried to search with Find by name, and by date,...
  4. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove Uninstalled Apps from Startups and Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Uninstalled Apps from Startups and Registry: I downloaded installed PowerShell on my pc but later uninstalled the application. I don't know why it is still showing in my Start up apps in task manager. How do I get rid of it?I tried to check through the registry but can find it. Any help?...
  6. Remove Uninstalled Apps from Startups and Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Uninstalled Apps from Startups and Registry: I downloaded installed PowerShell on my pc but later uninstalled the application. I don't know why it is still showing in my Start up apps in task manager. How do I get rid of it?I tried to check through the registry but can find it. Any help?...
  7. Can't find an app's uninstall registry key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find an app's uninstall registry key: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  8. Can't find an app's uninstall registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find an app's uninstall registry: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  9. "Uninstall this App now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Uninstall this App now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10": It shows me that I have to manually uninstall VirtualBox. I did the steps to try and fix the problem. However, when I open the xml file and search the ctrl + F step to check the DT_ANY_FMC_BlockingApplication value, it shows False. I've tried refreshing, but it still has the...
  10. Registry Revival uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Revival uninstall: I have been trying to remove the Registry Reviver virus from my laptop, but when I go to the control panel and to the programs and features menu it does not say that it is installed on my device, though every time I start up my device I get their ads. Please help me with...