Windows 10: Uninstalling Apps/Disabling from different Device

Discus and support Uninstalling Apps/Disabling from different Device in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Is there a way to delete apps on another device if that device used your account to download it? If I remove my account from that PC and the app cost... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RobinsonSwiss, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Uninstalling Apps/Disabling from different Device

Is there a way to delete apps on another device if that device used your account to download it? If I remove my account from that PC and the app cost money, will the app be disabled since it may not know if it's a pirated version?

:)

RobinsonSwiss, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Uninstalling Apps/Disabling from different Device

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalling Apps/Disabling from different Device

1. Uninstalling Apps/Disabling from different Device - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Apps Disabling

2. I accidentally uninstalled default windows apps when trying to uninstall apps from devices,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally uninstalled default windows apps when trying to uninstall apps from devices,...: So it’s like this: i moved my Steam app to SSD awhile back and noticed there is a discrepancy in the uninstall apps page, so i went into the D drive and clicked uninstall app over there, however it didnt delete the files so i tried again however instead of just uninstalling...
  3. I accidentally uninstalled default windows apps when trying to uninstall apps from devices,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally uninstalled default windows apps when trying to uninstall apps from devices,...: So it’s like this: i moved my Steam app to SSD awhile back and noticed there is a discrepancy in the uninstall apps page, so i went into the D drive and clicked uninstall app over there, however it didnt delete the files so i tried again however instead of just uninstalling...
  4. I accidentally uninstalled default windows apps when trying to uninstall apps from devices,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Uninstalled apps for different user accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps for different user accounts: I'm trying to figure out how I can keep uninstalled apps uninstalled from different users accounts. So basically if I'm logged in on my admin account and I uninstall a bunch of apps and then I have someone else log in on their account and those same apps that I uninstalled on...
  6. Switching apps to different playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching apps to different playback devices: So Adobe Premiere Pro is currently outputting sound to speakers, how do I make it output to my headphones? I have tried Settings>System>Sound>App Volume Devices Preferences but it does not work. I also do not want to download other apps....
  7. Switching apps to different plaback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching apps to different plaback devices: So Adobe Premiere Pro is currently outputting sound to speakers, how do I make it output to my headphones? I have tried Settings>System>Sound>App Volume Devices Preferences but it does not work. I also do not want to download other apps....
  8. Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Uninstalling apps in different user profiles: If I uninstall an app in a child's user profile will that delete it in my administrator user profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-apps-in-different-user-profiles/862c1928-d83c-4911-a989-ba8e4dbfe4c7"
  9. App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices.: As the subject says I have been having this trouble when trying to route the audio for programs to different devices it doesn't work. I can choose the device but it doesn't actually change where the audio is going. I have already tried closing the program and restarting it in...
  10. Enable or Disable Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and 10: How to: Enable or Disable Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and 10 How to Enable or Disable Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and Windows 10 [img] Information If you no longer want or use an app, then you could uninstall the app to remove it and free up...