Windows 10: Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

Discus and support Uninstalling apps in different user profiles in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If I uninstall an app in a child's user profile will that delete it in my administrator user profile?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by UHredneck, Feb 4, 2020.

1. UHredneck Win User

Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

If I uninstall an app in a child's user profile will that delete it in my administrator user profile?

:)

UHredneck, Feb 4, 2020

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Feb 4, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Uninstalling apps in different user profiles :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

1. Uninstalling apps in different user profiles - Similar Threads - Uninstalling apps different

2. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different User Notifications on my Profile: Since moving in with my partner and putting her account on my PC, I have had the inconvenience of her FB messenger notifications playing sound when she is signed in but I am working on my profile. I can't seem to find any settings to disable this, and it is a pain to have her...
  3. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different User Notifications on my Profile: Since moving in with my partner and putting her account on my PC, I have had the inconvenience of her FB messenger notifications playing sound when she is signed in but I am working on my profile. I can't seem to find any settings to disable this, and it is a pain to have her...
  4. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Using controllers on different windows user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using controllers on different windows user profiles: Hello all,I'm having a slight issue with connecting and using my DS4 controller to a Windows 10 PC. On my main windows user profile, DS4windows and Inputmapper detect the controller and I can use it in games. However, on another user profile with the same privileges and...
  6. Using controllers on different windows user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using controllers on different windows user profiles: Hello all,I'm having a slight issue with connecting and using my DS4 controller to a Windows 10 PC. On my main windows user profile, DS4windows and Inputmapper detect the controller and I can use it in games. However, on another user profile with the same privileges and...
  7. Uninstalled apps for different user accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps for different user accounts: I'm trying to figure out how I can keep uninstalled apps uninstalled from different users accounts. So basically if I'm logged in on my admin account and I uninstall a bunch of apps and then I have someone else log in on their account and those same apps that I uninstalled on...
  8. Getting different User Profile name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting different User Profile name: Today, I was cleaning the temp folder when i noticed that my user profile name is different. It should be "Surya Sengupta" however when i enter temp folder using run, i am getting "SURYAS~1". I am very much confused regarding this matter....
  9. Difference between deleting user profile by different ways

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Difference between deleting user profile by different ways: Profile of a user is corruped in a Domain PC. What is the difference if admin delete the user profile via advance system properties instead from registry editor. 142813
  10. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...