Windows 10: uninstalling apps

Discus and support uninstalling apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i would like to know how to turn off or uninstall apps i dont use for iinstance the xbox app because i do not own one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SheilahDowdy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. uninstalling apps

i would like to know how to turn off or uninstall

apps i dont use for iinstance the xbox app because i do not own one

:)

SheilahDowdy, Mar 17, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused uninstalling apps :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, uninstalling apps :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Arnie Est Win User

uninstalling apps

how to uninstall Apps

Hi,

About your concern, you can uninstall apps by following the steps bellow:

• From your home screen, swipe left to go to apps list.
    • Look for the apps that you want to uninstall.
    • Press and hold the app then tap uninstall.
    Please note that built in apps can't be uninstalled or removed from the phone.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

uninstalling apps

1. uninstalling apps - Similar Threads - uninstalling apps

2. uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc: I am endeavouring to uninstall unwanted programmes etc from my laptop. I follow the instructions on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - UNINSTALL OR CHANGE A PROGRAMME. All goes well I hit the uninstall button when up pops a message saying ' Please wait until the current program has...
  3. Paint 3D won't open. have uninstalled and re-installed but still won't open. the app opens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D won't open. have uninstalled and re-installed but still won't open. the app opens...: Paint 3D opens and almost immediately closes. have reinstalled but still won't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-wont-open-have-uninstalled-and-re/ede83732-8826-48f5-80d3-32f2aa483f15
  4. Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Can't reset or uninstall any apps from this laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Can't reset or uninstall any apps from this laptop: I bought this Lenovo ideapad s145 in 2019. I'm trying to sell it and I wanted to reset it to factory settings. I've tried all of the reset options through system and security setting. I've even tried to go into apps and features and try to remove the apps. Wont work !...
  5. Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Cant rest or uninstall any apps from this laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Cant rest or uninstall any apps from this laptop: I bought this Lenovo ideapad s145 in 2019. I'm trying to sell it and I wanted to reset it to factory settings. I've tried all of the reset options through system and security setting. I've even tried to go into apps and features and try to remove the apps. Wont work !...
  6. Duplicate App wont Uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate App wont Uninstall: So, I downloaded a app from the Windows App Store, when I downloaded it 2 apps showed up in the All Apps list. When I uninstalled one, the other one stayed and it has a little download symbol as the icon. The only option is to pin it to start. Please help....
  7. Will Windows 10 reinstall built-in apps that i have uninstalled before when I upgrade my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10 reinstall built-in apps that i have uninstalled before when I upgrade my...: Will Windows reinstall built-in apps that i have uninstalled before when I upgrade my Windows 10 to a newer version for example: 1903 to 1909?...
  8. Uninstall Windows 10 Built-in Apps With Batch Script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Windows 10 Built-in Apps With Batch Script: Windows 10 includes a variety of universal apps, you can uninstall them, but Microsoft doesn’t allow you to easily uninstall them in the usual way. With this batch script you can uninstall build-in apps. Code: :: Uninstall Windows 10 Built-in Apps @Echo Off & Color 0E...
  9. Unable to uninstall HP Printer app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to uninstall HP Printer app: Hi, I've tried to uninstall my HP Officejet Pro8620 printer software but failed as during the process, the following error message came up:- Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error5 for package...
  10. What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10: What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10 to free up some storage space? I never use my media like music or movies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-apps-and-programs-can-i-uninstall-from/77e647ab-9bc5-4802-af07-78ad045db40d"