Windows 10: Uninstalling ESET software...

Discus and support Uninstalling ESET software... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently installed ESET anti-malware products and subsequently had problems uninstalling them. This apparently is a well-documented scenario and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by taid, Mar 7, 2020.

1. taid Win User

Uninstalling ESET software...

I recently installed ESET anti-malware products and subsequently had problems uninstalling them. This apparently is a well-documented scenario and there are numerous references to it on the internet. I got an email from ESET to say that my NOD trial was up which I subsequently answered to the effect that I had some concerns over their software giving problems and I was advised to call their Customer Support. The lady was very helpful and explained how I could remove all traces of the software using the ESET uninstalling tool:-

[KB2289] Uninstall ESET manually using the ESET uninstaller tool

The instructions look rather confusing to me and am wondering whether someone on here could offer some advice. In the instructions backing up the 'network adapter settings' is straight-forward, however the instructions also advises saving the 'network interface card' settings, presumably these are a different set of settings?

ESET did offer to remove the remnants of their products for me but I'm loth to give them access to my machine. The software they install to enable remote access apparently is IS Light:-

Remote Support Disclaimer | ESET

I'd be grateful for any advice which might give me the confidence to have a go at deleting these traces of ESET myself...

:)

taid, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Zash Win User

Clean Uninstall ESET

Try uninstalling your ESET first.
    1. Download http://download.eset.com/special/ESETUninstaller.exe
    2. Boot to Safe Mode
    3. Uninstall ESET using Control Panel
    4. Use the ESET Uninstaller Tool
    5. Restart normally

After restarting, if you encounter a problem with your network adapter (LAN/Wi-Fi)
    1. Open Network and Sharing Center
    2. Click on "Change adapter settings" found on the left side
    3. Right-click and choose Properties on the adapter you are currently using
    4. Uninstall the one with ESET on its name
    5. Click OK

How to boot to Safe Mode
    1. On your Start Menu, click on Power
    2. Hold the Shift key on your keyboard then click on Restart

The black screen with a cursor is actually color gray.
    If this happens, just chill out and wait because Windows is still loading.
    If you want to speed up your boot up process, try removing the unnecessary startup items and please do schedule a time to defrag your drives.

Zash, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program"

Hi everyone

I want to update my eset nod but i can't uninstall the previous version of this program.

when i want to change or remove this program, windows 10 show Windows Installer alert:

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

just for your info i do this steps but its not solved:

1- download and run the ccleaner for repair any bug if i have and can't uninstall the ESET

2- download and run the Revo Uninstaller for remove this program but it can't

3- Run a system file checker scan and following command: ‘sfc /scannow’ but it's not solved

4- i also run Perform Clean Boot method but not solved

Please help me to solve this problem

Thanks

Farzam Hosseinpoor, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Uninstalling ESET software...

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling ESET software... :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling ESET software...

1. Uninstalling ESET software... - Similar Threads - Uninstalling ESET software

2. How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER: I'd like to ask you how I can get rid of this application: ESET ONLINE SCANNER. From time to time it scans the computer even though I never asked for that. I don't know how it was installed in my computer. I think some years ago I used an online version of this and ever since...
  3. How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER: I'd like to ask you how I can get rid of this application: ESET ONLINE SCANNER. From time to time it scans the computer even though I never asked for that. I don't know how it was installed in my computer. I think some years ago I used an online version of this and ever since...
  4. ESET

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ESET: HiTrying to uninstall the Eset scanner program when i click brings me to control panel to uninstall the programbut its not there?THANK YOUTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eset/a7b70dfd-0ac3-481e-a26a-1dded67112f4
  5. ESET

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESET: HiTrying to uninstall the Eset scanner program when i click brings me to control panel to uninstall the programbut its not there?THANK YOUTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eset/a7b70dfd-0ac3-481e-a26a-1dded67112f4
  6. ESET

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. To Uninstall Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Uninstall Software: Uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel....
  8. Software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  9. Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program": Hi everyone I want to update my eset nod but i can't uninstall the previous version of this program. when i want to change or remove this program, windows 10 show Windows Installer alert: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to...
  10. Complete uninstall ESET internet security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Complete uninstall ESET internet security?: Hello, Is there any tutorial to completely unintall ESET. I did an upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 and also deleted the windows folders which was created during the upgrade. I unistalled ESET using REVO unistaller PRO, all the registry entries and the remaining...