Windows 10: Uninstalling ForeFront EndPoint Protection 2010 from my Windows 10

Discus and support Uninstalling ForeFront EndPoint Protection 2010 from my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer that was migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10 long time ago. That's my wife's computer so I don't usually use this computer. But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mts_492, May 23, 2020.

1. mts_492 Win User

Uninstalling ForeFront EndPoint Protection 2010 from my Windows 10

I have a computer that was migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10 long time ago. That's my wife's computer so I don't usually use this computer. But I just realized it has a problem with Windows Security. Digging deeper shows that the Windows 10 protection refused to run because the system already has ForeFront EndPoint protection 2010 running and ForeFront has an error saying it needs updating. But update keeps failing. So I decided to uninstall ForeFront since Windows 10 has its own protection anyway. Opening Control Panel->Programs and Features and locating Forefront and clicking to remove it gave me an error saying it doesn't support the current operating system. Searching on-line for a solution found some tech article saying it's a bug in a string in the registry that I should download a solution. Clicking that directs me to a page saying it no longer supports that solution and told me to click Windows->Settings->Update and Security->Trouble Shooting. Then I had to choose "program compatibility trouble shooter". I tried different options there but none works. Please help.

:)

mts_492, May 23, 2020

2. Forefront Endpoint Protection

My computer has not been able to update automatically or manually for 2 months now. I have tried troubleshooting the Forefront Endpoint protection program and and all applicable suggestions offered by the computer without success.

What can I do to start receiving automatic updates again?

RobertBacon2, May 23, 2020
  3. What is microsoft forefront endpoint protection?

Forefront Client Security/Forefront Endpoint Protection is rebranded System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) and is a security solution for businesses.

Endpoint Protection

Technet forums - Forefront

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, May 23, 2020
  4. Uninstalling ForeFront EndPoint Protection 2010 from my Windows 10

What is microsoft forefront endpoint protection?

I have a question I saw this microsoft forefront endpoint protection on my friends computer while I was at his house taking care of his sick wife who cant get out of bed & I forgot to ask what it was when he got home can anyone
    tell me what it is

[Original title: question]

WarrenHumphrey, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling ForeFront EndPoint Protection 2010 from my Windows 10

1. Uninstalling ForeFront EndPoint Protection 2010 from my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstalling ForeFront EndPoint

2. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service: i am on a windows 10 pc, recently i noticed a new program in my task manager called endpoint protection service. i also noticed my bandwidth get cut after ie running second life and mixxx dj software, open a web page and have mixxx stream shut down. i have gigabit fiber optic...
  3. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service: i am on a windows 10 pc, recently i noticed a new program in my task manager called endpoint protection service. i also noticed my bandwidth get cut after ie running second life and mixxx dj software, open a web page and have mixxx stream shut down. i have gigabit fiber optic...
  4. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't uninstall rav endpoint protection

Can't uninstall rav endpoint protection: So, I was installing something I don't remember what was it and i found something weired, its called rav endpoint protection, so I go to contol panel and uninstalled rav, When I was uninstalling it, it keeps getting stuck at 85%, so I gone to redit and tried searching there,...
  6. Can't uninstall rav endpoint protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall rav endpoint protection: So, I was installing something I don't remember what was it and i found something weired, its called rav endpoint protection, so I go to contol panel and uninstalled rav, When I was uninstalling it, it keeps getting stuck at 85%, so I gone to redit and tried searching there,...
  7. Windows Defender Endpoint Protection Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Endpoint Protection Scam: Received this today form Barbara A Schmidt <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Obviously a scam. If you receive an email like this don't phone.:3/2/2023 -11:16:25 AMThe activation code you have purchased for your trial of Windows defender safe and secure ENDPOINT...
  8. Windows Defender Endpoint Protection Scam

Windows Defender Endpoint Protection Scam: Received this today form Barbara A Schmidt <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Obviously a scam. If you receive an email like this don't phone.:3/2/2023 -11:16:25 AMThe activation code you have purchased for your trial of Windows defender safe and secure ENDPOINT...
  9. Symantec Endpoint Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Symantec Endpoint Protection: My Symantec Endpoint Protection has been corrupted and I am unable to install a new version of Norton Antivirus. I have downloaded the program but when I try to install by clicking on the .exe install appears on the screen momentarily and disappears. I then try the retry...
  10. Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection: What virus or malware is shutting down Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection Windows 7? I run the update for definitions and it cancels on its own....