Windows 10: Uninstalling Hotspot Shield

Discus and support Uninstalling Hotspot Shield in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About a year ago I installed an old version (7.6.4) of Hotspot Shield onto my laptop from filepuma. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rollo Buckley, May 5, 2019.

1. Uninstalling Hotspot Shield

About a year ago I installed an old version (7.6.4) of Hotspot Shield onto my laptop from filepuma. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. Now my computer thinks that I have two versions installed and won't let me uninstall either version. Whenever I try this it says "Another version of this product is already installed." I have tried a dozen ways to get rid of both versions and still cannot do so.

:)

Rollo Buckley, May 5, 2019

2. HotSpot Shield

Hi thomlyons,

To uninstall HotSpot Shield you need to disable the VPN profile first. If you don't know how, please contact HotSpot Shield support for assistance. Once you have disabled the VPN profile follow the steps below to uninstall the app.

1. Go to the app list and look for HotSpot Shield.

2. Touch and hold the app.

3. Then tap uninstall.

Sincerely,

Nelson_Col, May 5, 2019
  3. hotspot shield

Want to use hotspot shield plz suggest. Facing problem

TariqShahBukhari, May 5, 2019
  4. Uninstalling Hotspot Shield

unable to uninstall HotSpot Shield and proceed installing WIndows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and giving us opportunity to assist you.

As per the description, you are facing issues with hotspot shield. In order to provide you with a quick resolution, please reply to this question:

• What happens when you try uninstalling hotspot shield program? Do you receive any error message or error code?
    • Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

However, I’m glad to provide you with these methods which will help you to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1: Follow the steps to uninstall hotspot shield:

a. Press Windows key + X and click
    Control Panel.

b. Click on Programs and Features.

c. Select hotspot shield and click
    Uninstall.

d. Restart the computer.

Method 2: If the above method does not help then you may try the Microsoft Fixit mentioned in the following link and check.

Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled

Hope this information helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Deepika Gowda, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalling Hotspot Shield

1. Uninstalling Hotspot Shield - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Hotspot Shield

2. Has anyone heard of Hotspot Shield

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has anyone heard of Hotspot Shield: Has anyone heard of an app called HotSpot Shield, I'm guessing it is a VPN. It showed up on my Fujitsu Q704 convertible after I allowed a bunch of updates to be done after I purchased it. Wondering if it is any good or not, or if it is a umm, well, bs app. Also I am an owner...
  3. Shield icons

Shield icons: I have new shield icons superimposed on my shortcut icons. Clicking on shortcut icon gives me a box asking to allow Google to make changes to hard drive. Answering no sends me back to desktop display. Answering yes opens web site of that icon and everything works normally...
  4. Uninstall Shield Error 432

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Shield Error 432: I am trying to install an InternetForms Viewer for my work but this is the error that keeps coming up. I have read and found FAQs; a. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete. b. Select Task Manager. c. Select the Processes tab. d. Look for _INSXXXX._MP. Where XXXX are numbers. If there...
  5. How do I get rid of hotspot shield virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of hotspot shield virus?: Hotspot shield is NOT in my control panel and it’s still installed how do I get rid of it? submitted by /u/awesomebrett57 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy8jd5/how_do_i_get_rid_of_hotspot_shield_virus/
  6. Hotspot Shield VPN installed without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hotspot Shield VPN installed without warning: Windows 10 just notified me that 'Hotspot Shield Free VPN' finished installing after booting up my machine. I work in a technical, computer-related field, so I'm a fairly competent pc user. I'm not sure if something I have on my machine could have installed? I'm on a fairly...
  7. Install Shield

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Shield: I have Windows 10 Home version 1903 installed in Bootcamp on my Mac. I recently came across an issue when trying to install some software that I need for work. It's the ISScript.msi and it says it's missing. I followed what the manufacturer said to do and now Install...
  8. RogueKiller identifies Hotspot Shield & Ultra Viewer as Trojans

RogueKiller identifies Hotspot Shield & Ultra Viewer as Trojans: So I just updated RogueKiller's signature to do my monthly scan and surprisingly it detected both Hotspot Shield (VPN) and Ultra Viewer (Team Viewer Free Alternative) as Trojans , funny this can hardly be called a false positive because the Trojan names assigned are the...
  9. Protection Shield

in Windows 10 Support
    Protection Shield: I really need to know how to get the Protection Shield on my taskbar. Please help. 120730
  10. Hotspot Shield VPN Accusation

Hotspot Shield VPN Accusation: Used Hotspot Shield few years ago. Greatly effected speed and was difficult to remove. Not surprised about this accusation. The free virtual private networking service Hotspot Shield has been accused of violating its own privacy policies by the Center for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotspot shield uninstaller windows 10