Windows 10: Uninstalling McAfee

Discus and support Uninstalling McAfee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimothyHodgson, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Uninstalling McAfee

I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most other people but for me it said that the uninstall couldn't happen as there was Enterprise software detected. I then tried to use Registry Editor to uninstall it via cmd but the instructions provided by McAfee for this are vague and it still didn't remove the McAfee software. I have tried to contact McAfee but waited for half an hour with no response for their 24hr support, and receive only generic no reply emails from them when I try to contact them by email. I really don't know where else to look for a solution and I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem as I constantly hear about how problematic McAfee is.

Sorry for the long query and thanks in advance for any help.

:)

TimothyHodgson, Jun 9, 2019

2. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Unable to uninstall McAfee

Have you tried the Mcafee uninstall/clean up tool?

Download and run the MCPR tool:
    • Download the MCPR tool from http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp and save it to a temporary folder on your computer.

NOTE: Because the MCPR tool is updated periodically, always download a new copy before each use to ensure that it can recognize and fully remove newer McAfee products.

• Browse to the folder where you saved the file and double-click MCPR.exe.
    • If you see a User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
    • At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
    • At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
    • When prompted, type the Captcha information exactly as seen (it is case-sensitive) and then click Next. (This step minimizes accidental executions of MCPR.)
    • If you have Family Protection installed, follow steps a and b below. Otherwise, continue to step 8.
      • Type your Family Protection Administrator name and Password, then click Next.
      • If authentication fails, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code.
    • When you see the CleanUp Successful message, restart your computer to completely remove your McAfee product.

Time Lady, Jun 9, 2019
  4. PattyS Win User

Uninstalling McAfee

Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

Hi Borg,

I downloaded ESET AV Remover. It did not find the remaining files of McAfee, but it did a great job of uninstalling the AVG files. I wanted to get rid of that, but it did not show up on Revo Uninstaller. The ESET website does have instructions on how to manually remove files by starting in SafeMode. I'll try that next, and let you know. Thanks!

Update:
    I tried the manual uninstall as instructed on the ESET page, but McAfee *Devilstill doesn't allow me permission. On to the next suggestion! McAfee is most definitely a virus

PattyS, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalling McAfee

1. Uninstalling McAfee - Similar Threads - Uninstalling McAfee

2. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  3. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  4. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?: HELP! I did not know I was installing McAfee Security Scan Plus when I installed "free" Acrobat Reader! I have tried everything to uninstall and remove it! I already have antivirus software and this slows the computer down. How do I get rid of it?...
  6. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?: HELP! I did not know I was installing McAfee Security Scan Plus when I installed "free" Acrobat Reader! I have tried everything to uninstall and remove it! I already have antivirus software and this slows the computer down. How do I get rid of it?...
  7. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  9. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  10. How do you uninstall the McAfee Security Scan Plus app? I have tried everything.

How do you uninstall the McAfee Security Scan Plus app? I have tried everything.: I had two McAfee apps on my list of Installed Apps and I was able to uninstall one of them but not the McAfee Security Scan Plus app. When I click on Uninstall for the McAfee app, I get a pop-up that will not open all the way. I think it is telling me what I will be losing if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean uninstall mcafee livesafe

2. cant uninstall mcafee grayed

3. mcafeehow to remove preinstalled mcafee