Windows 10: Uninstalling MS Store apps?

Discus and support Uninstalling MS Store apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I uninstall MS Store apps? I tried a lot of bad apps and now everything is in my library, cluttering the UI and making UX terrible. I know I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomazDrnovsek, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Uninstalling MS Store apps?

How do I uninstall MS Store apps? I tried a lot of bad apps and now everything is in my library, cluttering the UI and making UX terrible. I know I can "hide" them but since I don't intend to ever install them again why can't I remove them permanently?

Windows 10 Version 2004

:)

TomazDrnovsek, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Remove non-operable App downloaded from MS App Store, to remove Already Own

Remove App downloaded from Microsoft Store App Store because:

I mistakenly downloaded on PC (MS Surface). When I try to install the app on my phone, it says - already owned. But I cannot get access to, or install it, on the phone. I have tried all steps as suggested in link below.

Microsoft store says i already own the app

I can hide the app in my account library on the pc but to no affect on the phone.

The app does not appear on either the PC Application list (in Settings), nor in the phone list of Apps.

I want to install the app on my phone.

CSCSCSCS_001, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Uninstalling MS Store apps?

How do I fix Windows 10 apps from launching the store instead of the actual app?

This is a sign of app metadata getting damaged.

Try resetting the app (from the App and Features part of Settings). If that failed, uninstall and reinstall the app.

This solution is for Windows v1709 and earlier only. 1803 is not stable enough at this time.

To reset an app:

1. Press Win+X to open the quick access menu.
    2. Select "Apps and Feature" (which should be on the top)
    3. Find the affected app and select it.
    4. Click on the "Advanced options" hyperlink that just appeared.
    5. In the next screen, press the "Reset" button.

To wipe-and-reload an app:

1. Uninstall it.
      1. Right-click on its tile and select "Uninstall". proceed to the next step whether you find an uninstall option or not.
      2. Press Win+X to open the quick access menu.
      3. Select "Apps and Feature" (which should be on the top)
      4. Find the affected app and select it. If you can't find it, skip the next step.
      5. Click on the "Uninstall" button.
    2. Open Microsoft Store
    3. If an update for Microsoft Store is available, install it.
    4. Navigate to the page corresponding to your app. Do this using the search or via the library. Please don't use any other method.
    5. If Microsoft Store thinks the app is still installed, click on "Uninstall" button.
    6. Have every user account on you computer repeat the steps above.
    7. Go back to Microsoft Store and install it.

user477799, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling MS Store apps?

1. Uninstalling MS Store apps? - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Store apps

2. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  3. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  4. How to uninstall an app the MS store says is installed but is not installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall an app the MS store says is installed but is not installed?: Hi. I had a game app installed from the MS store called "Warzone 2011" that worked wonderfully until I downloaded and installed the Windows 11 upgrade a couple days ago. After installation, I noticed there was no shortcut icon for the game, to play the game.So, I went back to...
  5. How to uninstall an app the MS store says is installed but is not installed?

How to uninstall an app the MS store says is installed but is not installed?: Hi. I had a game app installed from the MS store called "Warzone 2011" that worked wonderfully until I downloaded and installed the Windows 11 upgrade a couple days ago. After installation, I noticed there was no shortcut icon for the game, to play the game.So, I went back to...
  6. Where to delete MS Store apps without "Uninstalling" them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to delete MS Store apps without "Uninstalling" them?: Environment:Windows 10 Pro, Domain-joined.Context:Remotely remove <SELECT APP> downloaded via MS Store by a user that no longer has access to MS Store. I've already disabled both MS Store and <SELECT APP> from running, but I want to remove it from showing in the the Start...
  7. Where to delete MS Store apps without "Uninstalling" them?

Where to delete MS Store apps without "Uninstalling" them?: Environment:Windows 10 Pro, Domain-joined.Context:Remotely remove <SELECT APP> downloaded via MS Store by a user that no longer has access to MS Store. I've already disabled both MS Store and <SELECT APP> from running, but I want to remove it from showing in the the Start...
  8. MS Store got uninstalled

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store got uninstalled: Last year, I encountered an issue with my MS Store. It couldn't install anything. It was stuck at "acquiring license", I reset it in the Apps and Features settings, then it disappeared, and all my windows apps such as Paint 3D and Groove Music stopped working properly and...
  9. MS Store got uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store got uninstalled: Last year, I encountered an issue with my MS Store. It couldn't install anything. It was stuck at "acquiring license", I reset it in the Apps and Features settings, then it disappeared, and all my windows apps such as Paint 3D and Groove Music stopped working properly and...
  10. MS Store got uninstalled