Windows 10: Uninstalling Nahimic Companion that Windows Update installed

Discus and support Uninstalling Nahimic Companion that Windows Update installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So a Windows 10 Update installed the Nahimic Companion app on my PC. Not only do I not want it, but here's the issue: - There's no uninstaller: It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by penchem, Feb 28, 2021.

1. penchem Win User

Uninstalling Nahimic Companion that Windows Update installed

So a Windows 10 Update installed the Nahimic Companion app on my PC.

Not only do I not want it, but here's the issue:

- There's no uninstaller: It does not appear in Programs and Features

- It FORCES me to agree to their T&S I got a notification at startup saying "By continuing to use Nahimic Companion you agree to your Terms & Services". I do NOT agree to have this app installed, it was installed by Microsoft.

- Even though I have disabled the Nahimic service, it's still present on my computer and this is now the 2nd time a Windows Update has forced this software to be installed on my computer.

I'm pretty sure that forcing such non-essential software that forces the user to agree to their T&S WITHOUT providing a way to uninstall it is illegal.

Can someone please help me get rid of Nahimic Companion once and for all?

:)

penchem, Feb 28, 2021

2. Has anyone been able to get phone companion to work

Hi,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Phone companion app and check if you are facing the issue

To uninstall the phone companion app please follow the steps below:

• Type phone companion in the
      search
      box.

• Right click on
      phone companion
      and click on uninstall.

Once it is uninstalled, you can reinstall it from windows store.

You can refer the article below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-phone-companion/9wzdncrfj3pm

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 28, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 28, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Uninstalling Nahimic Companion that Windows Update installed - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Nahimic Companion

2. Unable to Uninstall Nahimic

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Uninstall Nahimic: Dave,I did as you instructed penchem to disable Nahimic in services, then I downloaded REVO Uninstaller. But, as is the case with Windows, REVO does not find Nahimic for me to uninstall it. Not sure where to go from here...[Original Title: Nahimic]...
  3. Nahimic

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Nahimic: Dave,I did as you instructed penchem to disable Nahimic in services, then I downloaded REVO Uninstaller. But, as is the case with Windows, REVO does not find Nahimic for me to uninstall it. Not sure where to go from here......
  4. Nahimic keeps getting installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nahimic keeps getting installed: I keep on uninstalling the nahimic but it keeps getting installed, how can i get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nahimic-keeps-getting-installed/4620a661-bc2a-4434-9ead-c1f319212433
  5. nahimic wont uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    nahimic wont uninstall: I have no idea where I got this program from but it's called Nahimic Corporation and I've seen people say it's from MSI DRIVERS which would make sense for me. I don't know how to uninstall it and everytime I do, it comes back. It's frustrating....
  6. Nahimic Companion installed itself after the recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nahimic Companion installed itself after the recent Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] So Nahimic Companion was automatically installed on my MSI GF63 Laptop after the most recent Windows 10 update. And gosh, I've never been this frustrated about an application. I know what Nahimic Companion is and I know what it does, but I DON'T NEED IT I was...
  7. Nahimic companion, keeps reinstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nahimic companion, keeps reinstalling: Some days ago I got a popup, about if I agree with the terms of nahimic companion. I looked and saw it was installed on my pc, I never installed it. I tried to remove it, but it keeps getting back. I don't use it, and I don't want it. Any idea how to remove or that is...
  8. Nahimic mirroring device uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nahimic mirroring device uninstall: Good day I am using Windows version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508) I have a driver called the Nahimic mirroring device in the device manager which doesnt seem to belong there. Im trying to uninstall it but whenever i restart my pc it pops up into device manager again. I...
  9. Weird Nahimic message on startup after Windows 2004/Nahimic Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Nahimic message on startup after Windows 2004/Nahimic Update: Every time I start windows this weird message pops up: https://imgur.com/a/PoJniVr. I think it started after the Windows 2004 update (which automatically updated the Nahimic App) When I go to the Windows Store it seems like Nahimic is up to date so no clue why this message...
  10. Phone Companion uninstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Companion uninstall?: Hi, I have another thread going on in the security subforum about CompanionApp.exe connecting to a remote IP in the background when I'm not using the app. The app seems to just run at random intervals. I don't use it. I first became aware of it once when I was trying to...