Windows 10: Uninstalling Office 2010 Completely before Upgrading

Discus and support Uninstalling Office 2010 Completely before Upgrading in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; 'Morning Folks! *Smile :: My old Office 2010 Professional installed from CD on my new computer with no problem, but I found my key didn't travel from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jdUnionngarden, May 10, 2019.

1. Uninstalling Office 2010 Completely before Upgrading

'Morning Folks! *Smile
    ::
    My old Office 2010 Professional installed from CD on my new computer with no problem, but I found my key didn't travel from my old computer. Since my old one crashed, I didn't have the opportunity to ask MS to assist moving the SW to my new machine. I'm staying away from the "annual renewal required Office 365" so I've located and purchased a new, unopened copy of Office 2013.
    ~
    Doing a bit of reading, it appears I need to be careful how I uninstall Office 2010.
    I'm looking for assistance finding the right way to do this properly.
    ~
    Much Appreciation in advance to all who read this and those who offer advice!
    *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, May 10, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

No Office 2010 Updates Since June?

I believe Office 2010 updates have been broken via Windows Update on two PC following upgrading them to v1803 in July. I've now removed and reinstalled Office 2010 as follows which worked and found all the missing updates.

1. Uninstalled Office 2010 completely using the MS Office removal tool o15-ctrremove.diagcab
    2. Installed and activated Office 2010 from my original installation file
    3. Installed Office Service Pack 2 officesp2010-kb2687455-fullfile-x86-en-us.exe
    4. Searched and updated Office 2010 via Windows Update. This found and installed c. 50 updates since Service Pack 2.

Steve C, May 10, 2019
  3. Microsoft office starter 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you have Microsoft Office 2010 starter installed on your computer in the past?

Mostly OEM computers come with MS office starter pack preinstalled, if you had MS office installed on the computer in the past I would suggest you to follow the steps under the section
    Uninstall Office 2010 Click-to-Run products in the article below.

Update, repair, or uninstall Office 2010 Click-to-Run products

Repair an Office application

Do let us know the results. feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, May 10, 2019
  4. Uninstalling Office 2010 Completely before Upgrading

Slow Windows 10 Boot After Office 2010 mass update

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall Office 2010 and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel.

• Click on programs and Features, right click on the Office and
      uninstall it.

• Now try reinstalling it again and check.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalling Office 2010 Completely before Upgrading

1. Uninstalling Office 2010 Completely before Upgrading - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Office 2010

2. Office 2010 uninstalled error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2010 uninstalled error: MS Forum 140122 Office 2010 uninstalled error I purchased a computer 15 years ago that had Office 10 installed. A few days ago I unintentionally uninstalled it. But it is still on my computer, and I want to reactivate it. When I went to reinstall, I received a message asking...
  3. Office 2010 uninstalled error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2010 uninstalled error: MS Forum 140122 Office 2010 uninstalled error I purchased a computer 15 years ago that had Office 10 installed. A few days ago I unintentionally uninstalled it. But it is still on my computer, and I want to reactivate it. When I went to reinstall, I received a message asking...
  4. Office 2010 uninstalled error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade Office 2010 to Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrade Office 2010 to Office 2019: I have a computer running Windows 10 and I want to upgrade my current Office 2010 to Office 2019. I believe you cannot just simply upgrade over the existing Office program and so I need to know the comprehensive detailed steps of getting Office 2019 installed, settings, data...
  6. office 2010

office 2010: Hi, I want to install online office 2010 on my computer. Pay one time. Can I do this today? If yes, through which procedure? Thanx Rosemarie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2010/1626eb65-af13-4c78-84d4-8b6e7572643c"
  7. Office 2010 upgrade offered although uninstalled.

Office 2010 upgrade offered although uninstalled.: I get upgrades offered for Office 2010 although I have Office 2016 installed. There are registry keys for older versions but don't know if it's safe to delete. 24835
  8. Office 2010

Office 2010: Today I did a clean install. When I tried to install my copy of Office 2010 I could not register it and had to call the 866 number and it said the copy was not valid. transferred to a real person. He had me read the Key three times to him and then told me to go to...
  9. Office 2010 scripted uninstall question

Office 2010 scripted uninstall question: I am trying to get an uninstall script to work for Office Std 2010 x64, and I am running into an issue. For starters, here's the script I have: Code: Start /wait "\\PATH\Setup.exe" /config "\\PATH\Uninstall.xml" /uninstall Standard[/quote] I believe this will work without...
  10. Office 2010

Office 2010: Done a clean install of windows 10 on a new PC. Installed my Office 2010, but now I can not open some of my excel files. They are designated XLSX, and when I try to choose a app to open them excel is not listed. I need these files, anyone got ideas. Thanks. 55046