Windows 10: Uninstalling Old Edge?

Discus and support Uninstalling Old Edge? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, is it possible to somehow uninstall the Old Edge now? Seems kind of useless to have laying around and it looks pretty weird lol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BandicootCx, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Uninstalling Old Edge?

Hey everyone, is it possible to somehow uninstall the Old Edge now? Seems kind of useless to have laying around and it looks pretty weird lol

Screenshot

submitted by /u/BandicootCx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BandicootCx, Jan 16, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 16, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling Old Edge? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Uninstalling Old Edge?

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling Old Edge?

1. Uninstalling Old Edge? - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Old Edge

2. How to uninstall Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall Edge: You inadvertently? included your Edge browser into operating system updates which were installed yesterday. I do not want Edge on this computer. But you have also removed the "Uninstall" button if I try to uninstall it through the normal Control Panel process. I do not want...
  3. Uninstalling Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Uninstalling Edge?: I want to try using Firefox as my default browser and what would happen if I uninstall Edge Chromium? Another question would be, If I decided to not use Firefox anymore, is there a way to install Edge again or should Windows reinstall it automatically as soon as Firefox is...
  4. Microsoft Edge old icon leftover from uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge old icon leftover from uninstalling: I have two Microsoft edge icons on my shell:appsfolder how can i delete it? it comes back even after reinstalling windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-old-icon-leftover-from-uninstalling/273ac6e6-df9f-4efb-add3-24ecf150df04
  5. Uninstalling edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalling edge: Windows being windows updated even though I constantly make sure it's still set not to auto update, but that's a different issue. I'm now stuck with this shit edge browser on my pc that I for the life of me can't remove. Any advice on getting rid of the trash? submitted by...
  6. Uninstalling Edge and Edge Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling Edge and Edge Update: Just got an update and it re-installed Edge on my PC. Not only that it uninstalled Chrome. Raided Chrome for all my links and passwords. I hate any Microsoft browser. They suck. How can I uninstall this crappy Edge ? Tried going through Apps and the Uninstall button is grayed...
  7. Does the new Chrome-based Edge uninstall the old version?

in Browsers and Email
    Does the new Chrome-based Edge uninstall the old version?: Simple question, as per the title... I'm slightly confused, as CCleaner still thinks both versions of Edge are installed - or is it that CCleaner is the confused one? Cheers, Mike. 152212
  8. uninstalling Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstalling Edge?: Is there a safe way to do this? i dont wanna mess up my labtop but i dont want Edge at all. All i want is firefox nightly browser. I am willing to do extra work to make this work safely if your willing to help me make my(i mean your) OS the way i want it. setting ff nightly...
  9. Uninstall microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    Uninstall microsoft edge: Guides and software to uninstall Microsoft edge, https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-...0-491534.shtml 111947
  10. Edge Uninstall?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Uninstall?: Hi All, I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall Edge without breaking W 10. I have been able to uninstall some things that I don't use, like IE 11, the new Media Player. 10696