Windows 10: Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY

Discus and support Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i noticed after "uninstalling" onedrive, there is still a folder in users/username/onedrive and the fun part, is that pictures, documents, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hlebuw3k, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Hlebuw3k Win User

Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY

So i noticed after "uninstalling" onedrive, there is still a folder in users/username/onedrive and the fun part, is that pictures, documents, and desktop folders are all automatically in there, and you cant change it!! So i went looking for a solution. Didnt find one. So i came up with one:

1. Press Win+R

2. Type regedit

3. Press Enter

4. Press OK/Yes

5. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

6. Delete onedrive\ in contents of files

7. Repeat from step 6 for every file that contains onedrive in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders if there are none, proceed to step 8

8. Restart yout device

9. Move all folders from onedrive folder to one folder up

10. Finally delete that onedrive folder that has been bugging you for the past ethernity, and never see it again in your life, until you acidentally click "save my files to cloud" when installing windows 10, because you didnt see the "no" button

Dont listen to people that say "just change that thing from 1 to 0", they are just telling you to hide the folder, but its still there.

:)

Hlebuw3k, Jan 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 4, 2020
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Jan 4, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY - Similar Threads - Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY

2. Uninstall OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall OneDrive: Hello, I would like to completely delete OneDrive from my computer please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-onedrive/7009b9c2-7f5f-4a2b-b49f-799f3ecedb1a
  3. Uninstall OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall OneDrive: Hello, I would like to completely delete OneDrive from my computer please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-onedrive/7009b9c2-7f5f-4a2b-b49f-799f3ecedb1a
  4. Uninstalling a driver completely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalling a driver completely: I hope this makes sense. I had a Samsung 208 DVD/CD reader/writer which was fine with Windows 7 but only worked spasmodically with Windows 10. I tried uninstalling the device many times, with only temporary success before I got the error code 38 yet again. So last week I...
  5. Uninstall OneDrive.

Uninstall OneDrive.: I performed a Test Install a few days ago to get ready for a Clean Install in a couple of days, BUT, I must admit that I was lazy, and in order to Uninstall OneDrive, I only ran . . . Code: taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall...
  6. OneDrive Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Uninstall: I have tried to completely uninstall and remove OneDrive from my computer using Uninstall in Windows, Revo Uninstaller, Unlink in OneDrive account, edit Registry keys, and it appears that OneDrive is successfully removed. The one remaining issue is in my File Explorer with...
  7. Uninstalling OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling OneDrive: W10 Yeah, yeah, I've searched for how to uninstall OneDrive. Start Key, type in "Programs," go to 'Add Remove Programs,' scroll for 'OneDrive.' Did that. 'OneDrive' isn't on the list. 'Microsoft OneDrive' isn't on the list. Yet, in Explorer, I show...
  8. Complete Uninstall

Complete Uninstall: 3-31-2020 Thanks for any help. I have uninstalled Macrium Reflect in the normal way but it has left garbage on my computer. It seems that Microsoft has sown it into Windows 10. How can I completely get rid of it????????? 153328
  9. Uninstall Norton completely!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Norton completely!: I have uninstalled Norton Security and have installed Kaspersky instead, and there is now no evidence of Norton anywhere on my laptop, however on occasion when I try to open an attachment in an email it is blocked by 'Norton Symantec'? How is this possible when it is...
  10. [Guide] How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    [Guide] How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10: Hey guys, I was wanting to do the same (remove the very annoying OneDrive) and while searching around the net I came across this. Note the very first post with the Batch file to remove the OneDrive from your Windows 10 install. I do not take credit for it, just posting what I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 completely uninstall onedrive 2020

2. uninstall one drive completely