Windows 10: Uninstalling Optional features

Discus and support Uninstalling Optional features in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I want to uninstall Optional features, now that we can in W10 1903. But I dont want to "lose" Internet Explorer or Windows media player. I dont use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bo elam, May 25, 2019.

1. bo elam Win User

Uninstalling Optional features

Hi. I want to uninstall Optional features, now that we can in W10 1903. But I dont want to "lose" Internet Explorer or Windows media player. I dont use this programs but IE is the only other browser that I have other than Firefox and Windows media player is the only other video player that I have other than KMPlayer. So, their role is for emergency.

The question I have is, If I uninstall Optional features, are Internet Explorer and Windows media player also uninstalled? What I am hoping for is that whats already installed, stays put, but nothing new, no new optional features get installed or offered by the Store.

Thanks for reading

Bo

:)

bo elam, May 25, 2019

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, May 25, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling Optional features :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 25, 2019
  4. Uninstalling Optional features

Cannot remove languages from Optional Features

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to remove optional features install in your computer. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on System.
    • Go to Apps & features tab.
    • Click on manage optional features.
    • Click on the optional features you want to uninstall.
    • And click on uninstall button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalling Optional features

1. Uninstalling Optional features - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Optional features

2. Optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional features: I cant download 'Windows media pack' or 'Media feature pack' through optional features. When i try to go to 'Add a feature' and find these two features and click install they are bugged like this: https://prnt.sc/26ednvd , and wont install from this point....
  3. How to uninstall optional features with revo uninstaller ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall optional features with revo uninstaller ?: Hoe to to a clean uninstall win10 optional features using revo uninstaller ? It only show the apps to unstall but not optional features. 182875
  4. Windows update uninstalls optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update uninstalls optional features: At our business we use several fonts that are now optional features they were not optional when we originally chose the fonts. Most updates uninstall the optional features, and we have to go back to reinstall fonts that we use every day. Is there a way to keep updates from...
  5. Optional features

Optional features: My Windows 10 OS is 10.0.19041.329. I noticed when I want to bring up "OptionalFeatures" the opened window stays blank not getting populated with either enabled or disabled windows features. I am interested at least to see there Microsoft.NET 3 or 4.5 features. I tried to...
  6. Can't uninstall optional features

Can't uninstall optional features: I wanted to uninstall Notepad to install the UWP Notepad from the Microsoft Store, but Windows won't let me uninstall classic Notepad. [ATTACH] Please help!!!...
  7. Optional Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional Features: I am on a Windows 10 version 2004 PC and I have no optional features listed. I can't see any optional feature history or install any new features. In version 1909 I had a list of features and I could easily install features. What is going on?[ATTACH]...
  8. Optional features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optional features: Hello , We are facing issue with the optional features . All are downloading automatically and failing. Daily we are getting popup twice or thrice a day related to optional features. Can you help out me...
  9. Optional features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional features: So, I have given up on speech recognition and want to stop having Windows attempt to install every few minutes. The speech recognition (British English) option isn't on either of the options lists any more. Probably in between because it is still trying to install. How do I...
  10. optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    optional features: Installing optional features failed, why? Optinal features for english language are installed. Extra language package are downloaded and installed. 58840