Windows 10: Uninstalling or deactivating OEM Product Key from motherboard and Operating System

Discus and support Uninstalling or deactivating OEM Product Key from motherboard and Operating System in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi!I have purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3505 Ryzen 3 laptop, it came with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home, which is activated by An OEM key, now I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JeetNeogi, Jul 19, 2021.

1. JeetNeogi Win User

Uninstalling or deactivating OEM Product Key from motherboard and Operating System

Hi!I have purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3505 Ryzen 3 laptop, it came with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home, which is activated by An OEM key, now I want to install Windows 10 Pro, how can I uninstall or deactivate the OEM key from the motherboard and hard-drive, so that I can install Windows 10 Pro with a Retail Key. Please help,Thank You

:)

JeetNeogi, Jul 19, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Deactivating key does not deactivate Windows.

According to EULA, if you have an oem key, that cannot be transferred to new pc.

If key is retail, you either sell pc with windows and key, or you keep key and wipe windows.

cereberus, Jul 19, 2021
  3. deactivate windows product key

If the Laptop/Computer came with the Windows Operating System preinstalled (Dell, HP, Acer, etc) , that Product Key that came with the Laptop/Computer is for the preinstalled OEM License and is non-transferable.

The OEM License/Product Key (preinstalled Operating Systems on Dell, HP, etc machines) is tied to the first machine it is installed on and dies when that machine dies.

The above rule also applies to OEM System Builders Licenses.

Retail Operating System License, that you buy and install yourself, are allowed to be transferred to another machine.

But Retail Licenses can also only be installed on one machine at any particular time.

Bill Smithers, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Uninstalling or deactivating OEM Product Key from motherboard and Operating System

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

Deactivating Windows will not remove it from Microsoft's activation server.

It just simply deactivates Windows on the PC itself. This would only be helpful if say you're giving or selling the computer to someone, and don't want it to be activated with your retail product key.

You would only need to either uninstall or deactivate Windows on any other PC that you plan on using the same retail product key (license) on a new PC.

Brink, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Uninstalling or deactivating OEM Product Key from motherboard and Operating System - Similar Threads - Uninstalling deactivating OEM

2. How to either deactivate OEM key on old motherboard or change current PC product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to either deactivate OEM key on old motherboard or change current PC product key.: Hi everyone,I have recently been building a pc for a friend using old parts, including an old CPU and motherboard which I have replaced in my new computer. When I originally made the upgrade I tied my license key to my microsoft account, so I was able to use my old key with...
  3. How to either deactivate OEM key on old motherboard or change current PC product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to either deactivate OEM key on old motherboard or change current PC product key.: Hi everyone,I have recently been building a pc for a friend using old parts, including an old CPU and motherboard which I have replaced in my new computer. When I originally made the upgrade I tied my license key to my microsoft account, so I was able to use my old key with...
  4. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  5. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  6. Windows OEM Product key uninstalling method

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows OEM Product key uninstalling method: HiI have purchased a product key for my windows 10 online, which mentioned as RRetail license, later after installing windows, I checked it, it showd Volume_MAK channel which means it's an OEM product key and not Retail channel. How can I deactivate or uninstall OEM key from...
  7. Deactivate product key

Deactivate product key: Hi, Can anyone guide me on how i can deactivate the key product and move the product key on a new device? The existing win 10 version is an upgrade from win 7 premium. If that helps? TIA...
  8. OEM Product Key

OEM Product Key: I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro (OEM) and installed it on my computer which currently has a windows 10 Home ( OEM ). Then i installed the windows 10 home to my laptop. However i can't activate the product key of the said OS. I get this error "We can't activate windows on...
  9. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...
  10. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10 How to Uninstall Product Key to Deactivate Windows 10 Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasnt been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow....