Windows 10: Uninstalling recent update

Discus and support Uninstalling recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 version 1909 and yesterday I had an automatic update of KB4549951. I have read recently that there are associated problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vincenthorler, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Uninstalling recent update

I am running Windows 10 version 1909 and yesterday I had an automatic update of KB4549951. I have read recently that there are associated problems with this update and I have noticed that my computer is running much slower than before the update. I have tried to uninstall the update and followed all the steps associated with doing so. However, when I highlight the update in the control panel list I do not have an uninstall button to press to continue the procedure. Can anyone advise why this is happening? Thanks

:)

vincenthorler, Apr 18, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling recent update :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 18, 2020
  3. billt4g Win User
    list recently uninstalled programs

Hi,
    Whats the best way to list any recent uninstalls?

billt4g, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Uninstalling recent update

Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling recent update

1. Uninstalling recent update - Similar Threads - Uninstalling recent update

2. Cannot uninstall recent cumulative update KB:5029351

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall recent cumulative update KB:5029351: I am getting serious issues on my Acer Predator P03-640 since installing this update- so I thought that the easiest thing to do would be to uninstall this update- but it wont let me. Have tried in cmd and in the update history option in setting and control panel. Am i...
  3. Cannot uninstall recent cumulative update KB:5029351

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall recent cumulative update KB:5029351: I am getting serious issues on my Acer Predator P03-640 since installing this update- so I thought that the easiest thing to do would be to uninstall this update- but it wont let me. Have tried in cmd and in the update history option in setting and control panel. Am i...
  4. How do I uninstall a recent update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall a recent update?: How do I uninstall a recent update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-a-recent-update/53b1c77d-6656-4e42-8e4d-a6e0ac59a7e1
  5. How do I uninstall a recent update?

How do I uninstall a recent update?: How do I uninstall a recent update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-a-recent-update/53b1c77d-6656-4e42-8e4d-a6e0ac59a7e1
  6. How do I uninstall a recent update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?: I started a document in wordpad, and now it appears wordpad doesn't exist on my computer.This happened with microsoft paint. The only solution I can see is to use a different operating system, which is going to be a pain, but I can't afford to be at risk of microsoft forcing...
  8. Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?: I started a document in wordpad, and now it appears wordpad doesn't exist on my computer.This happened with microsoft paint. The only solution I can see is to use a different operating system, which is going to be a pain, but I can't afford to be at risk of microsoft forcing...
  9. I want to uninstall the recent update to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to uninstall the recent update to Microsoft Edge: Uninstall update to Microsft Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-uninstall-the-recent-update-to-microsoft/e3d494e5-991c-480d-8b5f-816cfd0968c5
  10. VMware uninstalled after recent update help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VMware uninstalled after recent update help: I just updated VMware as it was asking me to update it and after the first installation and reboot I check the box with the terms and conditions and during the final stage a error popped up saying “HLChost not downloaded” or something similar (sorry didn’t pay much attention)...