Windows 10: Uninstalling touchpad driver

Discus and support Uninstalling touchpad driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Lenovo Yoga computer and I find the touchpad is very sensitive. I have set the sensitivity to Low already, but I still have issues. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GraceVanzandt, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Uninstalling touchpad driver

I have a new Lenovo Yoga computer and I find the touchpad is very sensitive. I have set the sensitivity to Low already, but I still have issues. Is there a way to uninstall the driver for the touchpad and if so where do I do that? I have already tried accessing the pad through the Device Manager, but Mouse and other pointers category doesn't list it.

:)

GraceVanzandt, Jul 9, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling touchpad driver :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 9, 2020
  3. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Uninstalling touchpad driver

Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling touchpad driver

1. Uninstalling touchpad driver - Similar Threads - Uninstalling touchpad driver

2. touchpad driver uninstalled itself???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad driver uninstalled itself???: hello today i turned on my Intel Core i3-1115G4 laptop to find the touchpad not working, and when i checked device manager i couldn't find it at all even when i checked the hidden drivers option. does anyone know how to fix this??...
  3. touchpad driver uninstalled itself???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad driver uninstalled itself???: hello today i turned on my Intel Core i3-1115G4 laptop to find the touchpad not working, and when i checked device manager i couldn't find it at all even when i checked the hidden drivers option. does anyone know how to fix this??...
  4. touchpad driver uninstalled itself???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to uninstall touchpad driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall touchpad driver?: Hello i uninstalled my touchbad driver because my laptop got some water and it didnt work properly. But now my keyboard dosnt work either and my pc has password so i cant log in either. PLS HELP!!![Original Title: Important question]...
  6. How to uninstall touchpad driver?

How to uninstall touchpad driver?: Hello i uninstalled my touchbad driver because my laptop got some water and it didnt work properly. But now my keyboard dosnt work either and my pc has password so i cant log in either. PLS HELP!!![Original Title: Important question]...
  7. How to uninstall touchpad driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Touchpad drivers uninstall by themself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad drivers uninstall by themself?: I am running Windows 11 on an Acer Aspire 5 - specifically the 515-54. My touchpad drivers seem to keep uninstalling by themself and I cannot find out how to fix it. I've tried reinstalling the correct drivers, but it still doesn't seem to work. When the drivers are installed...
  9. Touchpad drivers uninstall by themself?

Touchpad drivers uninstall by themself?: I am running Windows 11 on an Acer Aspire 5 - specifically the 515-54. My touchpad drivers seem to keep uninstalling by themself and I cannot find out how to fix it. I've tried reinstalling the correct drivers, but it still doesn't seem to work. When the drivers are installed...
  10. Accidently uninstalled the Synaptics Touchpad driver and not able to reinstall

Accidently uninstalled the Synaptics Touchpad driver and not able to reinstall: Hi! I've HP Laptop and I accidentally uninstalled my synaptics touchpad and now my touchpad is not working, I've to use an external mouse. I can't seem to find the right solution to get it back. I also tried downloading the drivers from the official site, but everytime it...