Windows 10: Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key

Discus and support Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to uninstall my current Windows 10 installation because I need to use Linux for a project but I plan to come back to Windows. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by curlyisnotmyhair, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key

I would like to uninstall my current Windows 10 installation because I need to use Linux for a project but I plan to come back to Windows.

If possible, I would like to avoid dual boot.

So, I guess the optimal solution would be to just keep the license key and eventually use it to reinstall Windows 10.

Is it possible to do such a thing? Do I need to create a recovery flash drive? Keep in mind that in order to install the linux distribution I need I'm going to have to wipe out every single partition on my machine. I currently have 4 partitions, which are the EFI partition, the recovery partition, a "Microsoft reserved data" partition and the main partition.

Also, I should mention that my machine came with Windows 10 preinstalled.

Thanks in advance.

:)

curlyisnotmyhair, Apr 21, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 21, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key

1. Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key - Similar Threads - Uninstalling without losing

2. How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?: My friend's old laptop, it has terrible hardwareintel celeron, automatically updated to windows 11 even though it's far from eligible. It can't handle it, and is running very slowly. It has been more than 10 days since it had updated so we can't roll it back to windows 10....
  3. How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?: My friend's old laptop, it has terrible hardwareintel celeron, automatically updated to windows 11 even though it's far from eligible. It can't handle it, and is running very slowly. It has been more than 10 days since it had updated so we can't roll it back to windows 10....
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 Home Without License Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home Without License Key: Can if get full featured MS Office Excel and Power bi support using Microsoft Windows 10 Home Without License Key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-home-without-license-key/4137e553-d3a5-43a6-979c-59938820cdda
  5. Making a hardware change on a laptop without losing the Windows 10 License key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making a hardware change on a laptop without losing the Windows 10 License key: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cutvpy1tc8d51.jpg?width=588&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b8e7aea7c862dffa57c0ceaa0f0f4db01c0999d8 I think I have an idea on what I need to do, but I just need to get second opinions before I do something potentially stupid. Situation: I have...
  6. How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership

How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership: Hi there, introduction: So, I've bought a SSD recently, and I wanted to use it instead of my current HDD which Windows 10 is currently installed and working perfectly fine, because it's faster, etc, etc. There is nothing installed on my SSD it's still in the box,...
  7. Windows without a license key

Windows without a license key: If i download windows 10 from Microsoft site and use it without license key is it legal?What about windows 7 or 8?Is it legal?I know about the watermark sign and you can't change desktop background but i really wanna know if it's legal!I use it for me,not for a company or...
  8. How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?

How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?: Hi I'm Praneeth, I need to wipe my 'c' drive and perform a clean install of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home with digital license. Also, This Laptop is connected with my Microsoft account. Will I able to perform this clean install without losing my license? What steps...
  9. How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?: Hi I'm Praneeth, I need to wipe my 'c' drive and perform a clean install of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home with digital license. Also, This Laptop is connected with my Microsoft account. Will I able to perform this clean install without losing my license? What steps...
  10. how to downgrade windows 10 version by clean install without losing license

how to downgrade windows 10 version by clean install without losing license: hi my tablet dosnt work currently after october update of windows 10 and i want do clean install an older version without losing license so how can i do this?...