Windows 10: Uninstalling Windows Store Games

Discus and support Uninstalling Windows Store Games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is relatively straightforward. I Bought the Game Pass to try out Sea of Thieves and just picked it up in the Steam Sale. Now, uninstalling via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IronClover, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Uninstalling Windows Store Games

This is relatively straightforward. I Bought the Game Pass to try out Sea of Thieves and just picked it up in the Steam Sale. Now, uninstalling via the control panel only leads to uninstalling the Steam version of the game and I do not seem to be able to find an uninstall option in the MS Store library.

Now, am I just blind or does the Store not have an option to uninstall? If so, what options do I have to remove it as I do not want to save those 50GB of disk space if possible.

:)

IronClover, Nov 12, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Uninstalling Windows Store Games

Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalling Windows Store Games

1. Uninstalling Windows Store Games - Similar Threads - Uninstalling Store Games

2. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  3. Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled: Hi all, So my partner and I just went to play Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition multiplayer, which we haven't done for about a month. My partner owns the game purchased previously, NOT on the Game Pass For PC on the hard drive on her laptop NOT external. Never had a...
  4. MS Store can't uninstall/play game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Store can't uninstall/play game: [ATTACH] Hi! I downloaded Sea of Thieves and i played it a lot, i had a new problem, i couldn't downloaded anything, then i deleted the Registry for D:\WindowsApps, while the SoT was installed, now the MS Store thinks, that the Game is installed, but its not reserved any...
  5. Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games: I got Xbox Game Pass the other day and played Forza just fine for a few hours while I had Sea of Thieves download. Yesterday I played Forza and didn't realize that the game that I had started downloading when I started playing, Outer Worlds, had failed to download until the...
  6. Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling: After Uninstalling some games from gamepass i notice that the space on my drives did not change, so i went to the WindowsApps folder and i saw that the files from the game are still there, i tried to manually delete them but there's no way, it's impossible to get permission...
  7. Unable to uninstall Windows Store Games

Unable to uninstall Windows Store Games: I have several Microsoft Store games that do not have the option to uninstall. The button is just greyed out. Is there a fix for this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-windows-store-games/0977044a-a373-4917-b28a-503e274155f9
  8. Windows store game uninstall (Gears of War 4)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows store game uninstall (Gears of War 4): Hi, I uninstalled Gears 4 about a month ago. However the space used has never been unassigned, I currently have 440 GB used on my SSD and I can only account for about 200GB of that outside the windows store, and nowhere near the rest in the WindowsApps folder which is where...
  9. How to uninstall game from Store

How to uninstall game from Store: I can't delete Forza Horrizon 4 need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-game-from-store/e6d16d2c-0837-44ec-898a-2f17537aadeb"
  10. How to uninstall game from Store

How to uninstall game from Store: I can't delete Forza Horrizon 4 need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-game-from-store/685fde4e-10f1-4f36-8d2e-2135c4f41089"