Windows 10: Uninstalling Windows updates

Discus and support Uninstalling Windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following Windows 10 update this morning to version 20H2 Firefox is no longer listed as an option for default browser and Outlook won't open Facebook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Strategy Marketing, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Uninstalling Windows updates

Following Windows 10 update this morning to version 20H2 Firefox is no longer listed as an option for default browser and Outlook won't open Facebook links. Update history shows 3 different items Servicing Stack, Security Update KB5001330, and Feature Update 10 20H2 and I don't know which to uninstall and in what order.

Uninstalling Windows updates 6bbb4dbd-3943-4c96-bd9f-95c56b78fffb?upload=true.jpg

Uninstalling Windows updates a93d5b38-0ed2-41af-8857-01b5d2760b67?upload=true.jpg

:)

Strategy Marketing, Apr 16, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling Windows updates :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 16, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Uninstalling Windows updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Uninstalling Windows updates

Revo Uninstaller

free version doesn't list 64bit applications, hence totally helpless to remove them, while native windows uninstaller will do that.

only paid version revo uninstaller pro does and also another paid program called your uninstaller.

Drone, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Uninstalling Windows updates

1. Uninstalling Windows updates - Similar Threads - Uninstalling updates

2. windows update uninstalling error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update uninstalling error: i am trying to uninstall kb5001330 but it shows error not all updates were successfully uninstalled . also tried using cmd it shows error 0x800f0905 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-uninstalling-error/46471c15-1497-4eed-8429-ce73036db214
  3. Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox

Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox: Hello, the app keeps asking me to uninstall VB when i don't have it installed anymore, i have already tried to check the registry but i can't seem to find it and also i've used the AppRPS but it shows 12 empty instances of this:...
  4. How to uninstall Windows Updates marked as Permanent without Uninstall option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Windows Updates marked as Permanent without Uninstall option in Windows 10: Some Windows Updates when successfully installed on your Windows computer are marked as Permanent and do not offer an Uninstall option. In this post, we explain this behavior and also provide a walkthrough on how to uninstall such updates. [ATTACH] Before we jump right into...
  5. Windows 10, version 20H2 update... Can't uninstall Virtualbox.

Windows 10, version 20H2 update... Can't uninstall Virtualbox.: Hello, I'm trying to update Windows 10, version 20H2 but when I run the update, it installs to 35% then I get the following message:"What needs your attention" and it tells me to Manually uninstall VirtualBox.I previously had an emulator installed, but uninstalled it long...
  6. How to uninstall Windows 10 updates manually

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Windows 10 updates manually: In this guide, we will highlight the steps to uninstall Windows 10 updates if it is causing Blue Screen of Death, performance issues, system crashes and other critical problems on your computer. In addition, we will also explain how you can prevent your device from installing...
  7. Nvidia suggests uninstalling latest Windows 10 updates to fix gaming issues

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia suggests uninstalling latest Windows 10 updates to fix gaming issues: This month’s first mandatory cumulative updates were released in the second week with the promise of fixing problems that had been plaguing many users. However, despite the changelog says there are no critical issues, the list of issues in Windows 10 KB5001330 is growing...
  8. I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC: I need help, there are many new crippling bugs that have been introduced over the last 6 to 12 months from various windows updates. Its now so bad that I cannot use my windows 10 PC properly. my question is how can i uninstall all the windows 10 updates in the last 12...
  9. Having an issue uninstalling this update KB4592438

Having an issue uninstalling this update KB4592438: Good day people, I've been trying to uninstall this one update 'Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4592438'. It keeps saying 'An error has occurred. Not all of the updates were successfully uninstalled' on a popup. Googled a bit and found this...
  10. Windows updates bricking my MSI computers. Where's the uninstall option?

Windows updates bricking my MSI computers. Where's the uninstall option?: How do you uninstall them? I see them listed but there is no uninstall option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-bricking-my-msi-computers-wheres/d3cafec3-c0d7-4c9f-84ec-ba4125ce96f5