Windows 10: Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue

Discus and support Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings! As of recently I'm being plagued by a rather odd issue with my main PC where upon opening the Edge Browser and typing away to enter a URL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Durahl, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Durahl Win User

Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue

Greetings!

As of recently I'm being plagued by a rather odd issue with my main PC where upon opening the Edge Browser and typing away to enter a URL the key presses invoke the F12 Developer Console (DC) of it.

From the looks of it only one letter of the intended URL manages to actually get written before the DC gets invoked.

It also appears for this to be only an issue during the first use of the Edge Browser after the PC has been pulled out of sleep.

Any ideas?

:)

Durahl, Jan 3, 2019

2. Edge browser preview issue

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to clear the cache from Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Open Edge browser and on the top right corner click on the three dots
    • Then below click on Settings
    • Under clear browsing data
    • Tap or click on Choose what to clear
    • From the list check cached data and files, browsing history and click on
      clear.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Download issue with Edge browser

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to download any files through EDGE browser.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Right click on Microsoft EDGE.

• Go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click
      end task.
    You have to repeat it few times it worked for me hope it will help you to reset the Microsoft edge browser.

The download option will be available on the EDGE browser at the top right corner. Click on Hub (three horizontal symbol) and click on Downloads, there you will be able to click on Downloads folder and check where the download
    files are getting saved.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue

Edge F12 Developer Tools Network Network Collection Agent Failed to Start

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Have you tried the F12 option in internet explorer?
    I suggest you to try the F12 option in internet explorer and check whether you get the same error.

Also I suggest you to clear the cookie in the Microsoft Edge and check whether the issue persist.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue

1. Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue - Similar Threads - Unintended Edge Browser

2. Edge Browser Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Issues: I can’t imagine how embarrassing it could possibly be tohave a browser that just doesn’t work. Needless to say I’ve actually given theclass for Windows 2000. I know it was a long time ago and you’ve gotten bettersince then, but hey it really is painful to see this not work...
  3. BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoDs Unintended Shutdowns: Hi everyone, Please help me with this BSoD issues that I've been getting intermittently for over a month now. I've tried to research the parameter coding in the internet, but I am not sure if they are factual since that there is a huge amount of infos out there. I can...
  4. Login issues in Edge browser.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Login issues in Edge browser.: I am a user of Chrome browser but after the launch of new Edge browser i thought to give it a try. Everything was perfect in the browser till i saw a major issue which was common to all the previous versions. I logged in a website and bookmarked it in order to open the logged...
  5. Unintended behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unintended behaviour: [ATTACH]Look Down. Also... ANOTHER ERROR![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unintended-behaviour/7de024f8-fd37-4afe-a4dd-293965640144
  6. Sleep when unintended

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep when unintended: Of late, Win10 Pro has taken to sleeping while viewing lengthy videos. This wasn't the case in the past. Most all suggestions from the Net, including enabling the 'unintended sleep timeout' setting have done nothing. New ideas welcomed. 140988
  7. Sleep when unintended

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep when unintended: Of late, Win10 Pro has taken to sleeping while viewing lengthy videos, instead of waiting until the PC is idle for the period specified. No changes have been made to power/sleep/screensaver settings or programs. Not the case in the past. A system image from months ago was...
  8. Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue

in Browsers and Email
    Unintended Edge Browser F12 issue: Greetings! As of recently I'm being plagued by a rather odd issue with my main PC where upon opening the Edge Browser and typing away to enter a URL the key presses invoke the F12 Developer Console (DC) of it. From the looks of it only one letter of the intended URL manages...
  9. edge browser refresh issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge browser refresh issue: Since a few days ago my edge browser keeps refreshing while on a site like facebook or linkedin. I turned off the auto meta refresh option as someone suggested and deleted cookies but it still does it. It's really frustrating that while in the midst of doing something the...
  10. Microsoft Edge browser downloads issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge browser downloads issue: Hi I am trying to download a zip of 5.5 GB, every time I tried it stops in its way and from there no progress. It appears that download was paused but actually it's not. Anyone faced similar issue or have the solution, please help me here. The most annoying thing when I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge f12 issue