Windows 10: Unintentional changes after update?

Discus and support Unintentional changes after update? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs and one laptop all updated to version 1903 and there are no further updates gueuing. The following has occurred after the updates: PC 1:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rolf GH, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Rolf GH Win User

Unintentional changes after update?

I have 2 PCs and one laptop all updated to version 1903 and there are no further updates gueuing. The following has occurred after the updates:

PC 1: the background picture in the log in screen is blurred (password required on this unit)

PC 2: the background picture in the log in screen is blurred (no password required on this unit) and the search button stays open as a 3 inch white rectangle with the text "type here to search"

Laptop: the search button stays open as a 3 inch white rectangle with the text "type here to search"

I suspect something went wrong as all three computers look different or is there a setting available to make them all look as before the update?

These changes are petty but I worry that they are signs of underlying problems.

:)

Rolf GH, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Unintentional changes after update?

1. Unintentional changes after update? - Similar Threads - Unintentional changes update

2. Brightness no longer changing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness no longer changing after update: I did an update on June 3 listed as KB4503864 and after that update, I can no longer change the brightness on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. I have looked around at how to fix but nothing is working. Is there some sort of patch that can be down in order for this...
  3. Native resolution changed after the latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Native resolution changed after the latest update: About a week ago, I decided to hit the check updates button and everything went normally, An update came, windows downloaded it and installed it. But after a long installation, things on my screen seemed bigger and a bit blurry, I have a few years old full HD LCD monitor...
  4. Home screen totaaly changed after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home screen totaaly changed after update: my home screen has totally changed and I want to change it back. how d I do this? changed after recent update. using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen-totaaly-changed-after-update/e5c5b863-0590-48ac-9a4d-4444269c88e6
  5. pc settings change after every update

pc settings change after every update: why do i have to change all my settings after every single update? i have apps and programs opening on start up that i have previously stopped, my screen resolution always changes among loads of other things. its like i need to make a list of everything i change so i can...
  6. Audio changed after forced windows update :)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio changed after forced windows update :): My sound settings that have been perfect for years has changed after a forced windows update :)! I cannot for the life of me get it back to how it sounded! I do not have recovery enable so that's not an option. Is there a way to get back my old audio settings or what? Why...
  7. language changes after recent update

language changes after recent update: hello there, i am using hebrew as my default language, after recent updates in some places i see toolbars in English, it never happen before: As you can see when i right click on desktop i have half the options in Hebrew and half in English.. also, all of my control...
  8. Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD): Hello all.. As title, unintentionally I run a batch file that contains commands to erase every files in %systemdrive%. The batch is simply like this: Del /f /s /q c:\* Pause Which mean delete forcely in-subdirectory-also quitely all files in C: I'm not really intended to do...
  9. version of Edge does not change after update

in Browsers and Email
    version of Edge does not change after update: I installed an update today which says in Microsoft's notes about it that it patches Edge among other things. Yet, the version displayed in Settings in Edge is the same as it was before this install. Is it supposed to stay the same? 40426
  10. Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update): After updated windows, I found that the recovery partition divided into 2 parts and 1 weird partition. How can I deal with this? Cause this looks not normal at all. [img] 58801