Windows 10: Unintentional directory move in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Unintentional directory move in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Too often I move unintentionnaly a subdirectory with a bad mouse move. Is there any way to avoid this? I would be happy if a subdirectory move in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XRay78, Aug 20, 2020.

1. XRay78 Win User

Unintentional directory move in Windows Explorer

Too often I move unintentionnaly a subdirectory with a bad mouse move. Is there any way to avoid this? I would be happy if a subdirectory move in Windows Explorer would only happen after a confirmation click.
    I use Windows 10, 2004 version.
    Any idea ?
    Thanks

:)

XRay78, Aug 20, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Unintentional directory move in Windows Explorer Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Unintentional directory move in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Unintentional directory move

2. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  3. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  4. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop Wakes Up Unintentionally When External Mouse is Moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Wakes Up Unintentionally When External Mouse is Moved: I'm encountering an issue with my laptop's sleep mode behavior that's causing some inconvenience. Currently, my laptop is connected to an external mouse and keyboard. The problem I'm facing is that whenever I put my laptop to sleep and then accidentally move the mouse or...
  6. Windows Explorer hides a directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer hides a directory: Windows 11, about 3 weeks since install, more trouble every day.Open Windows Explorer and select drive E. It shows the top level, but, directory Bryan is missing.Making this short, opened a command line, change to that drive, do DIR. The directory is present.Copy it to...
  7. Windows Explorer hides a directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer hides a directory: Windows 11, about 3 weeks since install, more trouble every day.Open Windows Explorer and select drive E. It shows the top level, but, directory Bryan is missing.Making this short, opened a command line, change to that drive, do DIR. The directory is present.Copy it to...
  8. Windows Can't Move a Directory

Windows Can't Move a Directory: Once again, Microsoft Windows 10 can't achieve trivial tasks without expanding into that all-too-familar circle of dung. Today's issue is that a directory cannot be moved. There are no pending syncs - OneDrive claims it is up to date. All files in the directory were created...
  9. Explorer Directory

Explorer Directory: I found this directory accidentaly, does anyone know what it is and where did it come from cause i have not accessed the files listed in this folder on this computer...
  10. Moving the Windows.old directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving the Windows.old directory: I have a C partition which is not very large. So when there was a recent windows update and windows created the windows.old directory my space on the C partition got small. So I thought it was a good idea to move the windows.old directory to another partition. This was...