Windows 10: Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD)

Discus and support Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all.. As title, unintentionally I run a batch file that contains commands to erase every files in %systemdrive%. The batch is simply like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akbarnp, May 6, 2018.

1. akbarnp Win User

Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD)

Hello all.. As title, unintentionally I run a batch file that contains commands to erase every files in %systemdrive%. The batch is simply like this:

Del /f /s /q c:\*
    Pause

Which mean delete forcely in-subdirectory-also quitely all files in C:
    I'm not really intended to do it tho, I misstyped a var so it called my another path (whichis systemdrive) instead of my prefered path.
    I'm not really sure whether I executed it elevated or not, but thankfully there's a modern feature of ownership that got trustedinstaller and system "accounts", so not every files deleted.
    Of course I got my personal data (that I'm manually put into this path and sub) deleted, but I see files in windir like cmd.exe regedit.exe is there, saved, and the command reached to the end of line (pause)
    Now I'm tryin to recovery some files with GetDataBack running in D:\, not so effective though since it's booting from the partition I intend to recover, but I dont want to restart it yet (worrying cant boot anymore).

Could you tell me what files that posible to delete with such command, so I know what to recover.
    Or could you please run a win10PE and simulate my command (both elevated and not), so we know what got deleted, I really thankful if you could provide a report text also.
    Thanks so much guys

:)

akbarnp, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD)

1. Unintentionally DEL /S C:\* (CMD) - Similar Threads - Unintentionally DEL CMD

2. Frequent unintentional Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent unintentional Rebooting: hello,I have started experiencing a automatic unintentional rebooting on my pc. This error will occur automatically anytime without proper asking for a shutdown or reboot.the event viewer says..The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000113...
  3. Frequent unintentional Rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent unintentional Rebooting: hello,I have started experiencing a automatic unintentional rebooting on my pc. This error will occur automatically anytime without proper asking for a shutdown or reboot.the event viewer says..The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000113...
  4. ¿Se pierde la garantia del equipo al salir del Modo S?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ¿Se pierde la garantia del equipo al salir del Modo S?: Hola, recien obtubve un ordenador nuevo con el modo S en Windows 11, y no me permite realizar la intalacion de un programa en especifico,me pide que desactive el Modo S para realizar la instalacion, pero tengo la duda de si al desactivar el Modo S la Garantia queda anulada?...
  5. ¿Se pierde la garantia del equipo al salir del Modo S?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ¿Se pierde la garantia del equipo al salir del Modo S?: Hola, recien obtubve un ordenador nuevo con el modo S en Windows 11, y no me permite realizar la intalacion de un programa en especifico,me pide que desactive el Modo S para realizar la instalacion, pero tengo la duda de si al desactivar el Modo S la Garantia queda anulada?...
  6. C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ cmd

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ cmd: My computer currently can't access C drive. I'm denied all access, I can't even change settings or controls. The only thing I can do right now with this crazy computer is surf the web. i can't change user ownership. All administrators on drive C will be wiped clean. I can't...
  7. what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what happens when i enter rd /s /q c: on cmd?: what happens when i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-when-i-enter-rd-s-q-c-on-cmd/09ad5c4a-1504-4ec4-ab36-812a477f9bf1
  8. rd c:\ /s /q + del /f /s /q c:\ does not break the windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rd c:\ /s /q + del /f /s /q c:\ does not break the windows 10: officially typing this command "rd c:\ /s /q" will broke the windows and no longer get into windows, however i'd tested that if i did that and also type "del /f /s /q c:" and the windows screen just suddenly black and desktop is deleted, some botton on taskbar missing....
  9. Extened c drive with CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extened c drive with CMD: When I am trying to extend my c drive.. it's not showing the extend volume brighten. How can i extend my volume with CMD or anyother way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extened-c-drive-with-cmd/e55912e7-0d1e-4747-9fd7-b3fdacd9484c
  10. Unintentional changes after update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unintentional changes after update?: I have 2 PCs and one laptop all updated to version 1903 and there are no further updates gueuing. The following has occurred after the updates: PC 1: the background picture in the log in screen is blurred (password required on this unit) PC 2: the background picture in the...