Windows 10: "Uninvited Guests"

Discus and support "Uninvited Guests" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,After the upgrade to 1803 version, most of the time I am disconnected from the internet, excluding updating defender.I do not know who owns the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, May 25, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

"Uninvited Guests"

Hello,After the upgrade to 1803 version, most of the time I am disconnected from the internet, excluding updating defender.I do not know who owns the computer, me or ms. Each time there are misteriously uninvited coming new items in the menu, I did not update nor installed anything.I cannot remove them. Searched the internet and saw I am not alone.My first question to you, How to stop this behavior.Next time, when I find something new in the menu, I will send to you a screenshot.In "task manager" services I Disabled Windows update,There is some other "Windows update Medic Service" I cannot disable it, just stop it. First thing, help how to "close the door" in ms's face.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks.

:)

Motim, May 25, 2019

2. Guest

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 25, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, May 25, 2019
  4. tsram90 Win User

"Uninvited Guests"

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, May 25, 2019
Thema:

"Uninvited Guests"

1. "Uninvited Guests" - Similar Threads - Uninvited Guests

2. Centos / RHEL Guests increasing size of XFS partitions

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Centos / RHEL Guests increasing size of XFS partitions: Hi folks Whether on Real or Virtual RHEL or CENTOS system using XFS you might want to increase the size of the root (/) or /home partitions without having to re-create the whole VM / system over again with all the attendant install stuff etc. (As well as on a VM it works on...
  3. Tweets going #IRL and can now host live video with guests on Twitter

in Windows 10 News
    Tweets going #IRL and can now host live video with guests on Twitter: Conversations on Twitter can take place in many ways, and our latest update to live video brings another dimension to how you can discuss what’s happening. Starting today, your Tweets are going #IRL and now you can host a live video and invite up to three people as guests....
  4. Disable Guest Browsing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Guest Browsing: How can I disable Guest browsing in google chrome , running on my PC HP Pro with Windows 10 . Thank you for your support . Amir Cohen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-guest-browsing/d07bb450-6cc0-4338-807d-f41fc351b6aa
  5. VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's: Hi there If when using a Linux host with VMWare you find you get messages on Windows VM's saying 3D and Hardware acceleration not supported even when you've ticked the enable 3d box in the edit VM configuration from the VMWare menu simply add these 2 lines to the .vmx VM...
  6. I do not have x box want to play as a guest how can i cancel this x box Have alwasy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have x box want to play as a guest how can i cancel this x box Have alwasy...: Have always played as a guest. I don t have x box now I cant play because it says I have to sign into x box. help. how did this happen after playing 2 years as a guest...
  7. How did I get a Guest Account in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How did I get a Guest Account in Windows 10?: I noticed I suddenly have a guest account on my Nextbook flexx 10. From everything I've seen here, I'm not supposed to be able to have one in Windows 10. Have I been hacked? How do I get rid of it?...
  8. Uninvited icons appearing on my Lenovo laptop desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninvited icons appearing on my Lenovo laptop desktop: I have a peculiar condition in my Windows 10 Laptop. Recently 3 desktop icons appeared suddenly - This PC, Control Panel, and a folder in my name containing All Users items. Seemingly all equally legit. What do I do now?...
  9. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  10. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...