Windows 10: "Uninvited Guests"

Discus and support "Uninvited Guests" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,After the upgrade to 1803 version, most of the time I am disconnected from the internet, excluding updating defender.I do not know who owns the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, May 25, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

"Uninvited Guests"

Hello,After the upgrade to 1803 version, most of the time I am disconnected from the internet, excluding updating defender.I do not know who owns the computer, me or ms. Each time there are misteriously uninvited coming new items in the menu, I did not update nor installed anything.I cannot remove them. Searched the internet and saw I am not alone.My first question to you, How to stop this behavior.Next time, when I find something new in the menu, I will send to you a screenshot.In "task manager" services I Disabled Windows update,There is some other "Windows update Medic Service" I cannot disable it, just stop it. First thing, help how to "close the door" in ms's face.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks.

:)

Motim, May 25, 2019

2. Guest

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 25, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, May 25, 2019
  4. tsram90 Win User

"Uninvited Guests"

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, May 25, 2019
Thema:

"Uninvited Guests"

1. "Uninvited Guests" - Similar Threads - Uninvited Guests

2. Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account: Hello, My dad has been playing microsoft solitaire for quite a while, but has never signed in. He has reached level 1400 as a guest, but now his computer is starting to slow down. He is worried that if he gets a new computer that he will lose all of his progress. Is there a...
  3. help removing an uninvited user on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help removing an uninvited user on my PC: I have an HP envy windows 11 that I am using and I’ve been having issues with programs and things disappearing. It was confirmed by geek squad that someone was accessing my computer using WLAN. I’m very new to computers so please let me know if you need more explanation...
  4. help removing an uninvited user on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help removing an uninvited user on my PC: I have an HP envy windows 11 that I am using and I’ve been having issues with programs and things disappearing. It was confirmed by geek squad that someone was accessing my computer using WLAN. I’m very new to computers so please let me know if you need more explanation...
  5. Uninvited Google Maps Icon and popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninvited Google Maps Icon and popup: HP Computer running latest W10 Home V 20H2 Wife opened Google Maps and mapped a trip. Sometime during that session, some kind of print popup showed up and continues to pop up at various times, uninvited. What is this and how do I delete it? The popup Image, below, happens...
  6. How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.: Long ago in the days of UK Pub Space Invaders. About 1981 or 2; I started using Microsoft O.S. V.3.1,or 2. with a Qume Sprint 5 Daisy Wheel Printer with a KSR Keyboard; An 80 column 32K computer; 5 inch twin disk drives and software costing the Price of a House. All up in the...
  7. Uninvited Network Shares [v2004]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninvited Network Shares [v2004]: Hello again, [W-10 Pro 64 v2004] After v2004 update today (yes, it took 3 months !) I get unwanted/uninvited items in File Explorer/Total Commander appearing alongside my known network entities. One, which is labelled Wwp027 is associated with Asus according to its...
  8. Uninvited icons appearing on my Lenovo laptop desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninvited icons appearing on my Lenovo laptop desktop: I have a peculiar condition in my Windows 10 Laptop. Recently 3 desktop icons appeared suddenly - This PC, Control Panel, and a folder in my name containing All Users items. Seemingly all equally legit. What do I do now?...
  9. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  10. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...