Windows 10: Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors

Discus and support Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have two monitors (MSI Optix MAG24x), just bought in Dec of 2019. The flickering only happens when both are turned on. The flicker is very brief and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Eckogen, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Eckogen Win User

Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors

I have two monitors (MSI Optix MAG24x), just bought in Dec of 2019. The flickering only happens when both are turned on. The flicker is very brief and only happens in the top 1/4 of both monitors. I never had this issue before. I did recently do a Windows reset (fully removing all my personal files). Also, I noticed when I turn on/off my second monitor it doesn't do that sound effect (the sound you hear when you plug in a USB device).

What could I possibly check?

:)

Eckogen, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Eckogen Win User

I have two monitors (MSI Optix MAG24x), just bought in Dec of 2019. The flickering only happens when both are turned on. The flicker is very brief and only happens in the top 1/4 of both monitors. I never had this issue before. I did recently do a Windows reset (fully removing all my personal files). Also, I noticed when I turn on/off my second monitor it doesn't do that sound effect (the sound you hear when you plug in a USB device).

What could I possibly check?

Eckogen, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Monitor flicker

Hi,

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by an incompatible app or display driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest following the steps provided in this
    article and see if it will work for you.

Get back to us with the result if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors - Similar Threads - Unique Brief Flickering

2. 2 monitors flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 monitors flickering: I have a laptop and a desktop.I want to operate everything with my 2 extra monitors.for that reason I have bought a dell wd19 dock. On that i have the 2 monitors, ethernet and mouse/ keyboard. Dock connects through usb-c port. I use this setup with my laptop for 4 years and...
  3. 2 monitors flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 monitors flickering: I have a laptop and a desktop.I want to operate everything with my 2 extra monitors.for that reason I have bought a dell wd19 dock. On that i have the 2 monitors, ethernet and mouse/ keyboard. Dock connects through usb-c port. I use this setup with my laptop for 4 years and...
  4. Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors: I have two monitors (MSI Optix MAG24x), just bought in Dec of 2019. The flickering only happens when both are turned on. The flicker is very brief and only happens in the top 1/4 of both monitors. I never had this issue before. I did recently do a Windows reset (fully...
  5. Monitor Flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Flickering: I've posted about this before, but this time I don't know what to do. My monitor flickers on fullscreen games and I don't know why. Everytime I restart my PC, it works fine, but then the next day it starts occurring again. Originally, I reinstalled my graphic drivers and...
  6. Monitor Flickering Issues

Monitor Flickering Issues: Scoured the internet and could not find a solution and I am at the final straw. Every time I play something full screen like a Youtube video, a game like Minecraft, or some random Steam game, or anything that goes full screen, my monitor flickers black. It usually happens...
  7. Monitor flickering issues

Monitor flickering issues: Scoured the internet and could not find a solution and I am at the final straw. Every time I play something full screen like a Youtube video, a game like Minecraft, or some random Steam game, or anything that goes full screen, my monitor flickers black. It usually happens...
  8. monitor flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor flicker: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 within the last week. It worked fine for several days. Yesterday, the monitor began to flicker occasionally. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flicker/3bfc65b4-870d-46b2-a4ae-d8b9ecc3c8e6
  9. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...
  10. Using Multi- Monitors ( 3 - 6) - brief intro

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using Multi- Monitors ( 3 - 6) - brief intro: Hi there For those dabbling with more than 2 monitors this article is a good intro into the sort of hardware you'll need. The complete guide to multiple monitors | News | TechRadar It's actually not too expensive to set up if you want to use 3 / 4 or even 6 monitors....