Windows 10: unique problem with login to microsoft for HP laptop

Discus and support unique problem with login to microsoft for HP laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! I bought my grandson a laptop for gaming. The screen broke on it (don't ask) so I bought an Acer monitor for him to attach to the laptop for a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NancyKelly4, Aug 26, 2019.

1. unique problem with login to microsoft for HP laptop

Hello!

I bought my grandson a laptop for gaming. The screen broke on it (don't ask) so I bought an Acer monitor for him to attach to the laptop for a screen. Now he has forgotten his password for his account. Normally not an issue but it's and older account he created over a year ago when I bought the laptop. He set his laptop up to autofill the password or something because he didn't have to enter it all this time.

In the meantime he set up another Microsoft email on his phone that I bought him and he's been using that account.

For some reason his laptop asked him to login with the password (after all of this time) and he cannot remember the old password to the first account so he cannot login.

We were going to have the laptop wiped but that won't work. You need the laptop screen intact to get to the maintenance menu of the laptop. The new monitor I bought doesn't come on until you get to the login screen. Catch 22 of sorts.

We don't have a boot up disc. I'm working this issue because he's only 13 and not really techie inclined. I brought the laptop to our local tech shop. They called me and said the same thing I already found out...that you cannot get to the menu you need (in order to wipe it and re-install) because the monitor doesn't populate (turn on) until you are at the Microsoft password menu.

Any ideas on how to either get the password or wipe the laptop and reinstall?? I'm at wits end and I really cannot afford another laptop. I'm already supplying he and his brother with the phones that are hotspots to run the whole deal and the data to do so.

I'd appreciate any help I can get!!

Thanks,

Nancy

:)

NancyKelly4, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 26, 2019
  4. unique problem with login to microsoft for HP laptop

Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

Sounds just 1 step short of wiping the HD. I am hoping for something a bit less radical.

There has to be some reason the new MS Acct login is not making it to the laptop login

HannahBradford, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

unique problem with login to microsoft for HP laptop

1. unique problem with login to microsoft for HP laptop - Similar Threads - unique problem login

2. unique login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unique login issue: As it's impossible to get a real person in chat or on the phone from Microsoft and as my issue is very unique and doesn't fit into any of Microsoft's guided help topics, I'm hoping someone hear can assist.Several years ago, my actual Microsoft account was hacked resulting...
  3. unique login issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unique login issue: As it's impossible to get a real person in chat or on the phone from Microsoft and as my issue is very unique and doesn't fit into any of Microsoft's guided help topics, I'm hoping someone hear can assist.Several years ago, my actual Microsoft account was hacked resulting...
  4. Unique Issue with My Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unique Issue with My Laptop: I have a DELL Laptop with the following problem :The problem starts abruptly at any time.With the charger connected, I lose audio in the system, the keyboard starts behaving weirdly and the laptop stops chargingwith charger attached. On removing the charger, the laptop shuts...
  5. Unique Issue with My Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unique Issue with My Laptop: I have a DELL Laptop with the following problem :The problem starts abruptly at any time.With the charger connected, I lose audio in the system, the keyboard starts behaving weirdly and the laptop stops chargingwith charger attached. On removing the charger, the laptop shuts...
  6. Unique Problem No Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Unique Problem No Fix: Ive been facing an issue in Windows 10 for quite a few months now. I never noticed the issue before but now its more frequent depending on the application I open. When opening certain applications the system appears to be bogged down as if it hangs or has some sort of slow...
  7. Unique Problem No Fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unique Problem No Fix: Hello All, I’ve been facing an issue in Windows 10 for quite a few months now. I never noticed the issue before but now it’s more frequent depending on the application I open. When opening certain applications the system appears to be “bogged down” as if it “hangs” or...
  8. Unique Problem please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unique Problem please help: HP Desktop Kmode not handled-help please! Hey guys I'm in a unique situation. I have an HP pavilion 595-p0074, the tower has the funky geometry on the front. Anyway my mother gave me this pc recently, she bought it new and was surprised with another pc from my Dad. She kept...
  9. Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems: I have an older laptop that has not been used in a few years that needs to get back into service. Password was lost. I reset the MS account login pass word through the process on the laptops log in screen. I can log into the MS acct on a different computer just fine but...
  10. Audio Unique Problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Unique Problem.: I have a weird problem that hasn't been recalled before. Basically one day after a Windows 10 Update I found out that my speakers weren't working, so I installed an earlier version, and that was it. Then I get an update again a few days ago, and this time everything seemed...