Windows 10: Unique problem with the display of available networks

Discus and support Unique problem with the display of available networks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago I noticed that when I click on the network icon in my taskbar, I get a sliding window that shows my networks, connections and modes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dtolbert, Dec 3, 2019.

1. dtolbert Win User

Unique problem with the display of available networks

So a few weeks ago I noticed that when I click on the network icon in my taskbar, I get a sliding window that shows my networks, connections and modes. Screenshot
    Unique problem with the display of available networks [​IMG]

This is not desirable to me. What I'd like to see is the way it used to be and looks somewhat like when you open the Action Screen and click on Network. Screenshot
    Unique problem with the display of available networks [​IMG]
    I've searched for an answer for some time before posting, but I don't think I know how to word it correctly. "My available networks screen is not displaying correctly" just didn't give me the desired search results. Nor did the 20 other patterns that I tried. I hope this all makes sense and someone can tell me what I did in order to much this up.
    Thank you in advance.

Particulars:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    System Model HP EliteBook 840 G6
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

:)

dtolbert, Dec 3, 2019

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Skeptik Win User
    Can't display list of available wireless networks

I followed those steps; no effect. I can see from the diagnostics that the signal strength for multiple networks is strong and my own laptop is fine.

I also tried a usb wifi card i had spare; it installed it fine but the part of windows that displays the available network connections still will not display.

I presume that particular module is bugged.

Skeptik, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Available Networks Not Showing in Windows 10

Recently my list of WiFi Networks has stopped displaying when I am logged-in to my Local Windows 10 Account. 'Show Available Networks' does not show any networks.

This is a display issue not a network issue. There is nothing wrong with the core network management system and network trouble shooting steps are pointless.

I am able to show a list of networks by logging-out of my local windows 10 account and using the network connection manager from the 'Login' screen. Within my local Windows 10 account I can use netsh wlan commands to fully manage my wireless networks.

When I try to 'List Available Networks' when logged-in to Local Windows 10 account, I get an error logged in the windows event viewer logs:

Code:
    Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5ace103a

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x77b6f555

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009c275

Faulting process ID: 0x13f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40ef1a4578de3

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: d0d123cf-3cc0-480b-ad57-1e479db387b3

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App
    Any suggestions on how to restore my network list display?

Cyclelegs, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Unique problem with the display of available networks - Similar Threads - Unique problem display

2. Unique Problem No Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Unique Problem No Fix: Ive been facing an issue in Windows 10 for quite a few months now. I never noticed the issue before but now its more frequent depending on the application I open. When opening certain applications the system appears to be bogged down as if it hangs or has some sort of slow...
  3. Unique Problem No Fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unique Problem No Fix: Hello All, I’ve been facing an issue in Windows 10 for quite a few months now. I never noticed the issue before but now it’s more frequent depending on the application I open. When opening certain applications the system appears to be “bogged down” as if it “hangs” or...
  4. Unique Problem please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unique Problem please help: HP Desktop Kmode not handled-help please! Hey guys I'm in a unique situation. I have an HP pavilion 595-p0074, the tower has the funky geometry on the front. Anyway my mother gave me this pc recently, she bought it new and was surprised with another pc from my Dad. She kept...
  5. Unique problem with the display of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unique problem with the display of available networks: So a few weeks ago I noticed that when I click on the network icon in my taskbar, I get a sliding window that shows my networks, connections and modes. Screenshot [img] This is not desirable to me. What I'd like to see is the way it used to be and looks somewhat like when...
  6. Available Networks Not Being Displayed

Available Networks Not Being Displayed: Hello. For whatever reason, my laptop is not displaying available networks. Running the network troubleshooter returns nothing. I’ve already made certain that I didn’t accidentally leave airplane mode on. It won’t connect to the default Wi-Fi network, either. Any help would...
  7. Audio Unique Problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Unique Problem.: I have a weird problem that hasn't been recalled before. Basically one day after a Windows 10 Update I found out that my speakers weren't working, so I installed an earlier version, and that was it. Then I get an update again a few days ago, and this time everything seemed...
  8. Not showing/display available networks

Not showing/display available networks: Hi I have an Asus GL502VS with Windows 10 64 bit version 1803. Ever since I updated to Creator edition the wifi symbol on the bottom right is not displaying any available networks when I left click. Right clicking and going into Network & Internet Settings and clicking on...
  9. Critical network problem, no connections are available

Critical network problem, no connections are available: [ATTACH] After 8 hours of troubleshooting and searching, i am not any closer to fixing this. the wlan driver on my Dell xps 15 l501x has disappeared after waking it from sleep today, after years of it working just fine.i have made no changes, no updates, installed any...
  10. Can't display list of available wireless networks

Can't display list of available wireless networks: No error given, it just does nothing when i click on the internet access icon. I checked through the network diagnostics and i can see the name, signal strength etc of assorted wifi routers on this street being given correctly, so presumably hardware is fine and driver is...