Windows 10: Units in Microsoft Weather

Discus and support Units in Microsoft Weather in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, my whole system has units set to metric, but in Microsoft Weather there are miles, miles per hour and bars as units. So, I am asking for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pavel Bl., Nov 3, 2019.

1. Pavel Bl. Win User

Units in Microsoft Weather

Hello,

my whole system has units set to metric, but in Microsoft Weather there are miles, miles per hour and bars as units. So, I am asking for some help.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Yours Faithfully

Blažek

:)

Pavel Bl., Nov 3, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Microsoft Weather App Forecast

Hi Holly,

To address this concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Weather on your computer to refresh the app and to get the latest update. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Search, type powershell, and open
      PowerShell
      as Administrator.
    • Enter the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    To reinstall it, just go to Store and search for Microsoft Weather.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Nov 3, 2019
  3. MSN Weather

Hi Mick,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this behavior is same on Weather app in Windows 10?

I suggest you to set the region to United States and language as
    U.S English and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Clock, Region and Language.
    • Click on Language to set English (United States) as default.
    • Next select Region and in the dropdown select country as
      United States.

I also suggest you to change the time zone and check if it shows the same location.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Units in Microsoft Weather

Weather and Calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when thing don't work the way it should.

What happens when you try to change the Weather Settings?

I suggest you to go to Weather Settings and changes the Weather Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and check. If it doesn't change, I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you with further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Units in Microsoft Weather

1. Units in Microsoft Weather - Similar Threads - Units Microsoft Weather

2. Incorrect unit of Temperature in Lockscreen's weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect unit of Temperature in Lockscreen's weather: In win11 lockscreen, the local temperature is shown in Fahrenheit - https://imgur.com/a/y1q4TDf I live in a country that uses Celsius and in the weather app I have it on C, but it still won't change in the lock screen: How can I fix this?...
  3. Incorrect unit of Temperature in Lockscreen's weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect unit of Temperature in Lockscreen's weather: In win11 lockscreen, the local temperature is shown in Fahrenheit - https://imgur.com/a/y1q4TDf I live in a country that uses Celsius and in the weather app I have it on C, but it still won't change in the lock screen: How can I fix this?...
  4. Windows weather app using the wrong unit in the start menu

Windows weather app using the wrong unit in the start menu: GreetingsThis issue started a few days ago. Windows weather app in the start menu is showing temperatures in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. When I click the mosaic and the app opens, it shows the temperatures in the correct unit. I also checked the setting and Celsius are...
  5. Windows weather app using the wrong unit in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows weather app using the wrong unit in the start menu: GreetingsThis issue started a few days ago. Windows weather app in the start menu is showing temperatures in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. When I click the mosaic and the app opens, it shows the temperatures in the correct unit. I also checked the setting and Celsius are...
  6. Weather App showing different units in app and in lock screen.

Weather App showing different units in app and in lock screen.: Hello. I have the following issue. The weather app is set to show temperature in Celsius and when I'm in the app itself, it shows Celsius indeed. But when I'm on my lockscreen, it shows Fahrenheit. How can I make it show Celsius in the lock screen?...
  7. Weather App showing different units in app and in lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Weather App showing different units in app and in lock screen.: Hello. I have the following issue. The weather app is set to show temperature in Celsius and when I'm in the app itself, it shows Celsius indeed. But when I'm on my lockscreen, it shows Fahrenheit. How can I make it show Celsius in the lock screen?...
  8. Weather Temperature units

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather Temperature units: how can i change it so that the weather app on my taskbar shows the temperature in kelvin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-temperature-units/f38b9717-dce1-40d1-9cc5-2fd5ccb359db
  9. Cortana Weather Unit

in Cortana
    Cortana Weather Unit: How do I change the weather units from F to C? I do not see notebook to make this change. I also cannot turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. HP envy x360 is the laptop model...
  10. "Cortana -> Notebook -> Weather -> Units - Set Celsius" doesn't work :

in Cortana
    "Cortana -> Notebook -> Weather -> Units - Set Celsius" doesn't work :: On Windows 10, Cortana gives you the temperature in Fahrenheit without checking Regional Settings or Location. A quick solution is to ask: What’s the weather like in Celsius? or just Weather in Celsius? But why doesn't "Cortana -> Notebook -> Weather -> Units - Set Celsius"...