Windows 10: Unity games and Windows 10

Discus and support Unity games and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have Game pass for PC and I am having problems with my computer running ANY game that was created by the unity engine. Every time I try to start a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by strEHnge, Jul 11, 2021.

1. strEHnge Win User

Unity games and Windows 10

So I have Game pass for PC and I am having problems with my computer running ANY game that was created by the unity engine. Every time I try to start a game that uses that engine I get this. Then it just closes and the game stops trying to run.

:)

strEHnge, Jul 11, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 11, 2021
  3. 786shahz Win User
    unity based games

windows phone 7.8 will be able to run unity based games or not ???

786shahz, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Josh Win User

How to run a unity-built after Computer is turned on

Goal

• User turns on Computer and Unity-built runs automatically.
    • Upon system start and thereafter Unity start, User only sees the maximized gameview of unity. No windows Taskbar, steamVR window, nor anything else is visible.
    • Unity-built quits and computer shuts down automatically upon respective user-input within the running Unity application.

The following approach is my current plan. Simpler solutions are always welcome.

I've tried Windows Kiosk Mode, but manual login to kiosk account was still necessary. Plus Unity doesn't seem to be available in Kiosk mode - or I overlooked something...

Step by step:

1. User turns on computer by pressing the power-button.
    2. User-Login happens automatically; no user-input necessary (neither click, nor password input).
    3. if a password protected account exists; login happens automatically.
    4. if user-account exists, but without password protection; login happens automatically
    5. Unity-built starts immediately.
    6. Screen only shows game content; neither windows start menu, nor anything else is shown on the screen.
    7. User has in-game options (within the running Unity application) to quit the game. Both Unity application and system shut down after user picks respective option.

Step 1 - 5:

I've been able to start the unity-built after system start via task scheduler, but I couldn't solve the problem of automatically logging into the user-account.

• Edit 1:
      I mangaged to disable required account-password input. User now reaches the desktop without having to input anything. I used strg + r and "netplwiz" which is described in this thread.

Step 6:

Problem: After unity start Windows start menu and steamVR windows are visible and overlay the gameview. User has to click into the gameview, to "pull" gameview to the front in order to hide said overlaying elements.

Solution: ???

Thema:

1. Unity games and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unity games

2. Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game: So I've been having this issue for awhile now where my PC will randomly reboot when launching a game, I got help here and they said it was my nividia driver, to which I uninstalled the driver with DDU and allowed windows to update my nvidia driver to which I would assume...
  3. Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game: So I've been having this issue for awhile now where my PC will randomly reboot when launching a game, I got help here and they said it was my nividia driver, to which I uninstalled the driver with DDU and allowed windows to update my nvidia driver to which I would assume...
  4. Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC randomly reboots when playing any unity game after a random set duration

PC randomly reboots when playing any unity game after a random set duration: GPU: RTX 4090CPU: i9 10850kRAM: 32GB DDR4 3200OS: Win 10PSU: CORSAIR RMX Series RM1000x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATXMotherboard: ASUS Prime Z590-A LGA 1200 2x M.2 1TB1x SSD 4TB2x HarddrivesSo I've been having several issues with my PC rebooting randomly when playing games,...
  6. PC randomly reboots when playing any unity game after a random set duration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly reboots when playing any unity game after a random set duration: GPU: RTX 4090CPU: i9 10850kRAM: 32GB DDR4 3200OS: Win 10PSU: CORSAIR RMX Series RM1000x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATXMotherboard: ASUS Prime Z590-A LGA 1200 2x M.2 1TB1x SSD 4TB2x HarddrivesSo I've been having several issues with my PC rebooting randomly when playing games,...
  7. PC randomly reboots when playing any unity game after a random set duration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The game Assassin's Creed Unity crashes to desktop after showing a splash logo for a short...

The game Assassin's Creed Unity crashes to desktop after showing a splash logo for a short...: After starting the game through Ubisoft Connect, a splash logo appears for a short time and then disappears; the game does not launch. A trace of this issue can be found in the Event Viewer; the given description of the problem is "Exception Access Violation" a generic error...
  9. The game Assassin's Creed Unity crashes to desktop after showing a splash logo for a short...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The game Assassin's Creed Unity crashes to desktop after showing a splash logo for a short...: After starting the game through Ubisoft Connect, a splash logo appears for a short time and then disappears; the game does not launch. A trace of this issue can be found in the Event Viewer; the given description of the problem is "Exception Access Violation" a generic error...
  10. BSOD while Gaming Unity games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while Gaming Unity games: Hey all,This past week I've had a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD every day. I seem to mostly get it on unity games such as Plate Up or Escape Simulator. Ryzen 7 3700XGTX 1060 6GBAlso note: I recently updated my ASRock B350 Pro4 Bios Version to 7.20. I believe it started...