Windows 10: Unity Support for Windows 10

Discus and support Unity Support for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, Unity announced the release of Unity 5.2 which includes support for Windows 10 and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). With UWP support in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Unity Support for Windows 10

Source: Unity Support for Windows 10 | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Sep 8, 2015

2. unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Original Title: Unity Web Player

Hi,

I'm running Acer Laptop in Windows 10.

I'm having problem playing online games that is using Unity Web Player. I tried playing the game in mozilla firefox and internet explorer but still the player didn't load and it keeps asking to download and install. I already contacted the user support of
    the game but they said the problem was on the Web Player and they said contact the support of Unity Web Player. I already did what instructed on any forum site but still the problem persisted. Any help with this.

DarylCabigo, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Question on windows phone 7.8 support...

Temple Run was made using the Unity Engine.

Unity Engine unfortunately doesn't support Windows Phone 7.

So, Temple Run cannot be developed for Windows Phone 7/7.5/7.8.

Sorry mate. I have a Lumia 800. I know.

Anubhav Majumder, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Does Unity 5.2 support both x32 and x64? As I noticed that on the Unity website, it will download Unity WebPlayer x64 4.6.6f2.

Almighty1, Sep 13, 2015
  5. Jairus24 Win User
    If you're talking about the build output for Windows platform, yes it does support both 32-bit and 64-bit builds. If you're talking about the editor, yes it also does, it does have 2 separate installer for 32-bit and 64-bit. The one that you saw is a WebPlayer platform demo for Unity 4.6 and not 5.x.

For Unity 5.2 download, you can go here: Unity - Update

Jairus24, Sep 13, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .what is unity. . .can't say I have ever heard of it little ever used it. . .*Smile

7. VBS
    VBs Win User
    Unity is game engine used to develop games for various platforms.
    Wikipedia

If you're not interested in developing games or don't develop games yourself its no surprise you never heard of unity.

8. Almighty1 Win User

What I meant to ask was with Unity 4.x, there used to be both a x64 version and regular version which I assume is x86. I'm talking about the WebPlayer actually or the plug-in, I always thought on a x64 platform, one needed both a x64 and a x86 version unless 5.2 works on both. I already have 5.2 which is just called 5.2 and I noticed if I went to:
    Unity - Web Player Download

It will download a x64 version of 4.6, that's why I was asking. I'm not sure how I got unity originally except I know with the extension enabled, it can sometimes freeze my facebook newsfeed reading in Google Chrome.

Almighty1, Sep 13, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

this is where some Technical terms get really confusing -- Unity was often used in a Virtual Machine environment when you operated the Guest VM in "Unity Mode" - which essentially meant that you ran the GUEST VM apps directly as an application from the HOST desktop - for example you could run EXCEL directly from a Linux HOST desktop in a Window rather than running EXCEL from the Windows VM desktop.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 14, 2015
  10. pparks1 Win User
    Unity is also the graphical shell on GNOME for Ubuntu Linux.

pparks1, Sep 14, 2015
  11. I was hardly surprised to find Unity Web Player doesn't work with Edge.

markweatherill, Sep 15, 2015
  12. Almighty1 Win User
  13. Dean73 Win User

And 1 game can make millions

Dean73, Dec 8, 2015
  14. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Dec 31, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unity Support for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unity Support

2. How do I correctly deploy the Hololens Web View Demo for Unity to the HoloLens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I correctly deploy the Hololens Web View Demo for Unity to the HoloLens?: I have cloned the repository with the Hololens Webview Example and it works perfectly fine in Unity, likewise for the WinUI 2 app.Once I open the project on the HoloLens2 it crashes after opening it. The HoloLens uses 22621.1252 as the OS, which to my understanding is Windows...
  3. How do I correctly deploy the Hololens Web View Demo for Unity to the HoloLens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I correctly deploy the Hololens Web View Demo for Unity to the HoloLens?: I have cloned the repository with the Hololens Webview Example and it works perfectly fine in Unity, likewise for the WinUI 2 app.Once I open the project on the HoloLens2 it crashes after opening it. The HoloLens uses 22621.1252 as the OS, which to my understanding is Windows...
  4. Computer random crashes and a lot of UE / Unity crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer random crashes and a lot of UE / Unity crashes: Hi,I've done a clean reset of the computer and, supposedly, everything is installed correctly and working. Drivers are up to date, temperatures look normal, etc.However, my computer every now and again randomly crashes and resets. I rarely see the BSOD but, it still restarts....
  5. Computer random crashes and a lot of UE / Unity crashes

Computer random crashes and a lot of UE / Unity crashes: Hi,I've done a clean reset of the computer and, supposedly, everything is installed correctly and working. Drivers are up to date, temperatures look normal, etc.However, my computer every now and again randomly crashes and resets. I rarely see the BSOD but, it still restarts....
  6. Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game: So I've been having this issue for awhile now where my PC will randomly reboot when launching a game, I got help here and they said it was my nividia driver, to which I uninstalled the driver with DDU and allowed windows to update my nvidia driver to which I would assume...
  7. Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game: So I've been having this issue for awhile now where my PC will randomly reboot when launching a game, I got help here and they said it was my nividia driver, to which I uninstalled the driver with DDU and allowed windows to update my nvidia driver to which I would assume...
  8. Please help PC keeps rebooting when launching a unity game

9. PC randomly reboots when playing any unity game after a random set duration

PC randomly reboots when playing any unity game after a random set duration: GPU: RTX 4090CPU: i9 10850kRAM: 32GB DDR4 3200OS: Win 10PSU: CORSAIR RMX Series RM1000x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATXMotherboard: ASUS Prime Z590-A LGA 1200 2x M.2 1TB1x SSD 4TB2x HarddrivesSo I've been having several issues with my PC rebooting randomly when playing games,...
  10. Unity 5.5 game engine released, supports Windows Holographic

in Windows 10 News
    Unity 5.5 game engine released, supports Windows Holographic: Every release is a big moment, and we’ve spent months on this one polishing these new features to help you deliver great games and experiences. But we couldn’t have done it without all the users who provided valuable feedback during the beta. Thank you, your participation is...