Windows 10: unity web player

Discus and support unity web player in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, Can someone please give me a definite answer to..."Is it safe to uninstall the Unity Web Player?" I have "googled" the question but can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Phoebe W, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Phoebe W Win User

unity web player

Hi there,
    Can someone please give me a definite answer to..."Is it safe to uninstall the Unity Web Player?"
    I have "googled" the question but can only seem to find out-dated answers. The only thing I have learned is, it appears my version is not supported any longer. Well, that means diddly-squat to me. Please, anyone....can I safely uninstall this thing or not?

:)

Phoebe W, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 6, 2018
  3. unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Original Title: Unity Web Player

Hi,

I'm running Acer Laptop in Windows 10.

I'm having problem playing online games that is using Unity Web Player. I tried playing the game in mozilla firefox and internet explorer but still the player didn't load and it keeps asking to download and install. I already contacted the user support of
    the game but they said the problem was on the Web Player and they said contact the support of Unity Web Player. I already did what instructed on any forum site but still the problem persisted. Any help with this.

DarylCabigo, Jul 6, 2018
  4. JMcKi Win User

unity web player

Unity Web Player for Edge?

[This may be in the wrong category. This regards Windows 10 and the Edge browser.]

In an attempt to figure out why Unity Web Player wasn't working in Windows 10's new Edge browser, I found this thread discussing it:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-web-player-and-microsft-edge-browser-on-windows-10.345765/

Someone from Unity Technologies posted stating "We won't be able to do anything about the plugin itself though since Edge doesn't support plugins. You can keep running Firefox to play your Unity Plugin content on Windows 10."

If I want to continue, I'll have to go back to Firefox or Chrome. This isn't a good way to get people to stick with your new browser (which also doesn't allow me to customize the start page with little easy-to-click boxes of my favorite sites that
    I choose, a service every other browser provides.)

JMcKi, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

unity web player

1. unity web player - Similar Threads - unity web player

2. How do I correctly deploy the Hololens Web View Demo for Unity to the HoloLens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I correctly deploy the Hololens Web View Demo for Unity to the HoloLens?: I have cloned the repository with the Hololens Webview Example and it works perfectly fine in Unity, likewise for the WinUI 2 app.Once I open the project on the HoloLens2 it crashes after opening it. The HoloLens uses 22621.1252 as the OS, which to my understanding is Windows...
  3. How do I correctly deploy the Hololens Web View Demo for Unity to the HoloLens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I correctly deploy the Hololens Web View Demo for Unity to the HoloLens?: I have cloned the repository with the Hololens Webview Example and it works perfectly fine in Unity, likewise for the WinUI 2 app.Once I open the project on the HoloLens2 it crashes after opening it. The HoloLens uses 22621.1252 as the OS, which to my understanding is Windows...
  4. Unity Web Player - webplayer_win.dll caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unity Web Player - webplayer_win.dll caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005: I've been trying to run a Unity Web Player game on several different browsers that still support it, but to no avail. I have tried Pale Moon and Basilisk, but both of them give me the same error. I've restarted my computer, reinstalled Unity Web Player, ran System File...
  5. Unity Web Player - webplayer_win.dll caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005

Unity Web Player - webplayer_win.dll caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005: I've been trying to run a Unity Web Player game on several different browsers that still support it, but to no avail. I have tried Pale Moon and Basilisk, but both of them give me the same error. I've restarted my computer, reinstalled Unity Web Player, ran System File...
  6. BSOD in Unity Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  7. BSOD in Unity Games

BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  8. CMD, AutoRun and Unity

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD, AutoRun and Unity: Hello everyone, I had an issue where when I open cmd nothing popped up, usually there are a few lines and then I can start typing. This time when I open it I just get a black screen. I foundon this forum that I can add "AutoRun" in the Registry Editor to fix it, and it...
  9. MSAL Authentication in unity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSAL Authentication in unity: Hello, i'm trying to do microsoft authentication in unity by using microsoft.identity.client please help me the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msal-authentication-in-unity/ce628fd1-5c4a-4913-b276-3a34e6289768
  10. Unity content error

Unity content error: Hi, Recently I've been playing some online poker through IOS browser (firefox) and now whenever I try to connect I get the following message. An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:...