Windows 10: Univeral applications open/close after fresh install of 1909 ... ?

Discus and support Univeral applications open/close after fresh install of 1909 ... ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi to everyone. Hoping someone can help me. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 after having read about how "great" (and "stable") this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Omnimaxus, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Omnimaxus Win User

Univeral applications open/close after fresh install of 1909 ... ?

Hi to everyone. Hoping someone can help me. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 after having read about how "great" (and "stable") this update was, etc. Thing is, almost all of my universal applications open/close automatically. The only things that work are "Settings" and "Windows Security." These two are just fine; thank goodness. I have done the following to try and fix the problem: 1) Run the SFC command in an elevated command prompt (results were fine; no corrupt files), 2) Run the All-in-One Windows Repair program from Tweaking.com (which I did in "safe mode" and picked the "all repairs" preset), and 3) Run the command to fix (reinstall) universal applications in PowerShell. I have tried using Google to find a fix, but I haven't seen anything "reliable" enough to count on as a "fix." I will keep looking, but in the meantime, I thought I'd try posting here. Thanks to whoever responds here. Will check back here. This is disappointing, since I did come from Linux (after becoming frustrated with botched Windows updates). Go figure. (Also, I did run a Microsoft "FixIt" troubleshooter; said there was no online account ... [???] I use a local account only.)

:)

Omnimaxus, Nov 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 25, 2019
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Nov 25, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Univeral applications open/close after fresh install of 1909 ... ? - Similar Threads - Univeral applications open

2. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Applications Opens and Closes on opening: Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes on opening. Similar is the case with the other dependent system apps, Calculator, Alarm Clock, Groove Music, Photos, Movies & TV, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone These apps occasionally show the white line at bottom that appears during...
  3. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Applications Opens and Closes on opening: Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes on opening. Similar is the case with the other dependent system apps, Calculator, Alarm Clock, Groove Music, Photos, Movies & TV, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone These apps occasionally show the white line at bottom that appears during...
  4. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Fresh install with 1909 only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install with 1909 only?: Hi everyone; Did a fresh install of Windows 10 last night to attempt to fix some power on from sleep issues that I am having on my notebook. I like to use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB for the install, so I can format the drive using command prompt etc....
  6. Applications Close Right After Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications Close Right After Opening: When ever I open certain programs they close immediately after opening or shortly there after. When I run Google Chrome it opens and within the next 10 seconds closes. I open command prompt and it does the same thing. Same thing when I try to run minecraft. On Day 1 I...
  7. Runtime Broker 1909 fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker 1909 fresh install: i full format , clean installation windows 10 1909 from USB i download from microsoft , i have in a usb the 1903 copy save from previosly , idk if i full format again and delete the 1909 and install the 1903 , buttt after i change the view of CP to large i monitoring the...
  8. HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install: I'm having an issue where all HEIC photos will not open in a fresh install of Windows 10 1909. I've confirmed that the HEIF Image Extensions app is installed. I've gone through the usual troubleshooting steps of resetting the Photos and HEIF image Extensions apps to no...
  9. Univeral applications open/close after fresh install of 1909 ... ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Univeral applications open/close after fresh install of 1909 ... ?: Hi to everyone. Hoping someone can help me. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 after having read about how "great" (and "stable") this update was, etc. Thing is, almost all of my universal applications open/close automatically. The only things that work are...
  10. Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically: when I try to open settings app it crashes. I also try windows key +i, when I use right-click on the desktop and chose Display setting or Personalize I get this error[ATTACH] other apps like Store, Mail, Photo, Stick Notes works fine. I try this solution but did not work...