Windows 10: Universal app emulator?

Discus and support Universal app emulator? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Please read carefully before replying. I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by spapakons, Nov 20, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

Universal app emulator?

Please read carefully before replying.

I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his universal (modern interface, Windows Store) apps, even if he is running Windows 7 on his computer. This is interesting as there are some Windows Store games I would like to play in an old notebook running Windows 7 which cannot be upgraded to Windows 8 or 10 (no NX/PAE support). Of course installing the whole Visual Studio is not practical, just to play some games! Is there a way to install only the emulator? Or is there any third-party emulator for running universal apps on Windows 7? What are the system requirements? Assuming there is an emulator, how can I transfer the game from Windows 10 to Windows 7? Can I copy it to a USB Flash drive and install it somehow? Or can I access Windows Store through the emulator and install it in Windows 7?

Thank you in advance.

PS: Please don't reply "it cannot be done", read link first. At least explain why it cannot be done.

:)

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  2. aemalo Win User

Project Astoria ,,, universal apps or not universal Apps.

_Project Astoria ,,, universal apps or not universal Apps.
    _project astoria convert apps to windows 10 mobile only ,, or universal apps.

_I need to use Astoria apps in my mobile , laptop & tablet

_yes or no and why?why?

aemalo, Nov 20, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    universal apps

C:\Program Files\Windows apps. It's a hidden folder, so in order to be able to see it in File Explorer click on View, then check Hidden Items:

Universal app emulator? [​IMG]

JimWynne, Nov 20, 2015
  4. MrNeeds Win User

Universal app emulator?

Developers for consoles make their games using 3D modelling software on a windows/mac/linux/insert vague OS here machine, doesn't mean the games run on these machines, emulation isn't anywhere near as powerful as it could be just yet, it's getting better, but it's got a few years of development before it's properly implemented, so back to your question.

The Windows Store is a closed ecosystem, just like iOS and Android, protection is in place, there is no way to circumvent it, apps that are used in an emulated environment are for testing an app before submitting to the app store for approval, homebrew is the only thing you'll get.

Also, there's this:

MrNeeds, Nov 21, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    So I guess you can test your own universal app, but there is no way running an official app from Windows Store... I just posted that in case there was a solution I'm not aware of. Anyway. Thank you.

spapakons, Nov 21, 2015
  6. MrNeeds Win User
    No problem, sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for, a lot of people would like an emulator like you describe, it's simply not as easy as running an app, you would need the whole OS for it to work.

MrNeeds, Nov 21, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Yes, I guess. I could bypass NX/PAE and install Windows 10 on the notebook, but its very old GPU (Intel 855G) doesn't even have WDDM drivers, so I would get stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and it would be much slower than Windows 7 with the XP driver (XPDM). *Eek I'll just forget it, unless there is a desktop version of the game I want.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Universal app emulator?

1. Universal app emulator? - Similar Threads - Universal app emulator

2. GBWhatsApp app on emulators?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GBWhatsApp app on emulators?: I would like to install gbwhatsapp on my windows 10. I have seen many websites providing tutorial, like https://latestmodapks.com/gbwhatsapp-download-latest-version-android/I want to know if it's safe to use on em emulator? will it affect my pc?...
  3. Universal mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  4. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  5. Emulator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emulator: Is it possible to play a game for Windows 98, Me on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emulator/1b9dfc82-aaa3-4440-8afb-8a46949469f2
  6. Universal Apps won't open

Universal Apps won't open: Since an update yesterday my universal apps (including Photos) won't open. I get the message 'Photos can't be opened using the Built in Administrator Account. Sign in with a different account and try again.' Same message with other apps. I don't have the built in...
  7. Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps

Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps: So I just found out that i can't pin left in the start menu anymore. *Sad Now that i'm done complaining. How do i organize my "All Apps" Menu. Calculator, Contact, Mail, Cortana, etc ALL of this garbage bloatware is something i just want to create a folder called...
  8. Missing most of the Universal Apps

Missing most of the Universal Apps: Not sure why But I have lost most of my Universal apps. The only ones showing is Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Get Office, tips, How do I get them and is there a default setting to reinstall them? Thanks 77547
  9. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...
  10. iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps: One thing that didn't get much notice during the Build keynote speech is that Visual Studio 2015 can now build native Objective C apps and target Windows Universal, including the iOS libraries. Apparently, King Games used this to bring Candy Crush Saga to Windows Universal....