Windows 10: Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

Discus and support Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello i recently did the error of updating my universal apps through windows Store(until then i had no issues). what's happening now is that after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nickfree, Oct 10, 2019.

1. nickfree Win User

Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

Hello
    i recently did the error of updating my universal apps through windows Store(until then i had no issues).
    what's happening now is that after waking from sleep i can see the Yourphone app running both in Task manager and in the Nvidia GPU activity icon.
    Background apps are set to Off and i never used the Yourphone app.
    about it using the Nvidia card,i tried to set the app to use the 'power saving gpu' in Settings/Graphic setting which helped for a while,but it's back to using nvidia now.(there's a solution to add yourphone.exe to the Nvidia "program settings" and set it to 'optimal power' which i might try if it persists),but preventing it from running is the main issue.
    i would have already uninstalled the YourPhone app through Power-Shell, but i recently stumbled upon this:
    "The Your Phone app is deeply integrated into Windows..."
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...your-phone-app

i saw what might be a solution here which i can't find right now where through Group policy you have to "turn off tile notifications" .
    i don't mind doing this since I've already turned off live tiles on all the apps i was able to through the Start menu,
    but in group policy(in the description)it says:
    "if you enable this policy setting,applications and system features will not be able to update their tiles and tile badges in the start screen",and I'm not sure how would this affect my/classic apps and other "system features" and prefer to just Terminate the Youphone app when needed instead of messing things up.

Laptop
    10 Pro 1903 - 18362.356

:)

nickfree, Oct 10, 2019

2. Problems with NVIDIA GEFORCE GPU and DirectX

Well I'm logged into a Microsoft account if that's what you're asking. Prior to the issue the only things I did that could be considered change were installing DirectX 11 and changing which GPU the games would use via NVIDIA Control Panel.

No, it isn't specific to any game. Any game that uses a GPU will not launch.

Chief Teef, Oct 10, 2019
  3. kenalbus Win User
    Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

Browser launches after sleep

Hi and thank you for your response, followed the steps above and rebooted sadly still no change. Browser still launches after sleep. I have tried what you suggest plus number of variations of uninstall, reinstall, downloading latest vendor drivers, using
    windows update to to get lastest drivers and letting control panel install drivers all with no change. Is there anything else you can suggest?

paulandratbags, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

1. Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU - Similar Threads - Universal app launches

2. Dedicated GPU never used by apps Nvidia 820m EB1037

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dedicated GPU never used by apps Nvidia 820m EB1037: Hello.I just got a miniPC Asus EB1037 with dedicated GPU 820m. All drivers works fine but there's a problem and I can't find solution...When I turn on game or some apps they ALWAYS use Intel HD GPU. Forcing GPU in Nvidia panel and in Graphics modes in Windows 10 changes...
  3. Dedicated GPU never used by apps Nvidia 820m EB1037

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated GPU never used by apps Nvidia 820m EB1037: Hello.I just got a miniPC Asus EB1037 with dedicated GPU 820m. All drivers works fine but there's a problem and I can't find solution...When I turn on game or some apps they ALWAYS use Intel HD GPU. Forcing GPU in Nvidia panel and in Graphics modes in Windows 10 changes...
  4. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  5. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  6. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU: Universal Windows apps have these weird graphical glitches that result in text flickering and/or becoming blurred. Whenever I have an update to the Nvidia graphics drivers the problem seems to temporarily go away but return after turning it off and on. I'm using an Nvidia RTX...
  8. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible to run Xbox Game Bar or other Windows 10 Universal app on NVIDIA GPU rather than on integrated Intel GPU? On the graphics setting, I only found Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I couldn't find my NVIDIA GPU See attached image bellow. My main...
  9. Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU: Hello i recently did the error of updating my universal apps through windows Store(until then i had no issues). what's happening now is that after waking from sleep i can see the Yourphone app running both in Task manager and in the Nvidia GPU activity icon. Background apps...
  10. Windows apps use Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows apps use Nvidia GPU: I have switchable integrated Intel HD video/Nvidia GeForce 840M. Recently I noticed that my Nvidia GPU is used even without any apps started. It turned that it is used by Windows apps like Phone Companion, Store, Mail etc. It is really disturbing, because my battery life is...