Windows 10: Universal Character Map

Discus and support Universal Character Map in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JulieHallisey, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Universal Character Map

I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page. No clue what any of that means. I've never had any issues downloading things. Please help!

:)

JulieHallisey, Jan 9, 2022

2. Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 9, 2022
  3. character map

Bottom right corner of what?

I would love to have a CHARACTER MAP pinned to my windowa 10 taskbar. If anybody knows a way to do this please list every step so that any neophyte can understand the process.

LarryMacLeod, Jan 9, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Universal Character Map

Size of Character Map cells

Hi Amy

Since you are using Windows 10, click the link below to get the new Character Map App for Windows 10

It has much better features and you can zoom in and out in that App, using Ctrl + your scroll Wheel

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/universal-cha...

DaveM121, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

Universal Character Map

1. Universal Character Map - Similar Threads - Universal Character Map

2. Windows Character Map customisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Character Map customisation: Is there a way to create custom groups in Character Map program. As an engineer I use quite ofter special characters but I forget some shortcuts so it would be nice If I could leave Character Map with handpicked characters open on my secondary monitor. NB: since it is my...
  3. How to support Non-BMP characters in character map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to support Non-BMP characters in character map: I need help. how to put non-BMP symbols on Character plane? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-support-non-bmp-characters-in-character-map/84c42edf-0955-4459-9471-510b72a7eaaa
  4. How to support Non-BMP characters in character map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to support Non-BMP characters in character map: I need help. how to put non-BMP symbols on Character plane? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-support-non-bmp-characters-in-character-map/84c42edf-0955-4459-9471-510b72a7eaaa
  5. Universal Character Map

Universal Character Map: I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page....
  6. ASCII codes in Character Map

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASCII codes in Character Map: Hello, I am looking for a way to show the ASCII codes of all characters that have one in the Character Map in Windows 10 Pro as used to be the case in older versions, in such a way that when I wish to insert a special character in another application I can easily check what...
  7. Cannot access Private Use Characters in character map

Cannot access Private Use Characters in character map: Hi there. I just bought a new Lenovo ideapad flex5 and am having an issue with the character map. I purchased fonts and after downloading them to my computer, the glyphs / private use characters are not showing up in character map. I've used these fonts before on other...
  8. Character Map

in Cortana
    Character Map: Is there a way to pin the Character Map to the bottom of my page, don't know what that area is called, so I don't have to enter it in search every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/character-map/06e6edf3-f133-45d0-ae5b-477c6b069f03
  9. Size of Character Map cells

Size of Character Map cells: Is there a way to increase the size of the cells on the Character Map? It's hard for old eyes to read. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-character-map-cells/0d2854e7-22e7-485f-9212-fc5a99a62b5a
  10. Character map

Character map: How can I find the character map on Microsoft 10? I used to get it when I entered it in "Type to search" box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/character-map/79ea1805-3776-4843-879d-feecaafeafcd