Windows 10: Universally detested software / I will be switching to Mac

Discus and support Universally detested software / I will be switching to Mac in Cortana to solve the problem; From the time I was in college until the present, Windows has gone from a useful item to an unusable, monstrous cancer except that cancer doesn't need... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by I.S. Peterson, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Universally detested software / I will be switching to Mac

From the time I was in college until the present, Windows has gone from a useful item to an unusable, monstrous cancer except that cancer doesn't need updates. The subterranean level of UX feels so bad that I have a hard time believing this poor of a quality system was not deliberate. I do not know how so many things could be so wrong. As retail stores close; as the consumer side of MS goes into freefall; as Office is crushed to powder under the unusable, glacier-speed OneDrive that only knows how to do one thing fast: lose stuff; as the two selling points for tablets are <hey, we've got games> and <hey, we're 17 to 19% or so cheaper than Mac> I do not see how any OS that is not reinvented; not overhauled or updated but rebuilt from the ground up, can continue.

The flaws and complaints from users are 100.00% clear. They are loud and clear as a bell. Continuing to get so many things so wrong means only that consumers are being ignored as their loud, repeated complaints are ignored or minimized by people who make those decisions. This latest update means a delay to starting my day as I needed to reinstall a program that took two tries after I uninstalled it bc it stopped working properly after doing the update. The crapware: effectively welding onto the software of the device so many lead-weights that maybe render a few dollars from manufacturers and developers; these alienate so many users as no one uses these apps and they are all universally replaced with or ignored for the better version offered by the <other guy>. This is the end of Windows for me. As soon as I am able, I am transferring to Mac.

:)

I.S. Peterson, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 26, 2021
  3. BaldyCA Win User
    Faulty power button on N95 8GB - Is it possible to switch phone on from Mac using Nokia software?

I have an N95 8GB whose power buttton seems to have stopped working.

When I plug in the charger, the screen lights up, the Nokia logo appears and the 'charging' icon appears in the corner. But I can't switch on the phone using the power button.

Someone has suggested to me that I use software on my computer to switch on the phone remotely. I use a Mac, and I have the Nokia Multimedia Transfer and Device Browser installed.

Is there a way, using my Mac, that I can switch the phone on without using the phone's power button?

Thanks for any suggestions,

C

BaldyCA, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Universally detested software / I will be switching to Mac

Blogger Compiles List of 50 Reasons to Switch to Mac OS X

Somebody took the time and effort to write a fairly neutral list of reasons why people should switch from any Microsoft operating system to Mac OS X. The full list is available at the source link, but I think you might be interested in what made the top five.
    Source: Some Blog on the Interweb

zekrahminator, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Universally detested software / I will be switching to Mac

1. Universally detested software / I will be switching to Mac - Similar Threads - Universally detested software

2. Software update Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software update Mac: Hi TeamI have a Mac. It shows there is an Office update needed, which requires, in turn, an OS upgrade. When I check for the OS upgrade, it says it is up-to-date. What do I need to do?Thanks....
  3. Software update Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software update Mac: Hi TeamI have a Mac. It shows there is an Office update needed, which requires, in turn, an OS upgrade. When I check for the OS upgrade, it says it is up-to-date. What do I need to do?Thanks....
  4. Software update Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trouble with Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard Cmd Shortcut on Mac

Trouble with Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard Cmd Shortcut on Mac: Hello,I am currently experiencing a problem with my Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard; specifically, the Cmd key shortcut does not seem to work as intended on my Mac. Could you please advise if there is a way to fix this issue?Thank you in advance for your help.Jessica...
  6. How do I switch from Mac to Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch from Mac to Windows?: So, my questions is, how do I switch form Mac to Windows, I'm getting a new PC soon, but i need help on how to switch from OSX/MacOS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mac-to-windows/fd58f539-a1ca-4a12-92af-c0d16dc3072a
  7. How do I switch from Mac to Windows?

How do I switch from Mac to Windows?: So, my questions is, how do I switch form Mac to Windows, I'm getting a new PC soon, but i need help on how to switch from OSX/MacOS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mac-to-windows/fd58f539-a1ca-4a12-92af-c0d16dc3072a
  8. switching from windows to mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching from windows to mac: I bought a macbook air and downloaded windows on it but now im stuck in windows and dont know how to get back to mac. I have seen tutorials on how to do this and it says on the touchpad there is a grey diamond looking icon but i cant seem to find it....
  9. Snip and sketch switches to universal app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip and sketch switches to universal app: After I take a screenshot with snip & sketch it automatically switches to any opened universal app, like Settings, Groove music etc Any way to fix this? submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  10. I had to switch to mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I had to switch to mac: my windows hp computer was falling apart and had 3 viruses and the bluetooth stopped working. AND it was made of dirt cheap plastic. thanks Microsoft, I reeeeeeaaaaaly appreciate you submitted by /u/stillSubbedToStevie [link] [comments]...