Windows 10: unk device on network

Discus and support unk device on network in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I use WiFi Guard to monitor my network devices, and have a device showing up on the network that I cannot account for. The network belongs to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 3point1, Aug 11, 2020.

1. 3point1 Win User

unk device on network

Hello,

I use WiFi Guard to monitor my network devices, and have a device showing up on the network that I cannot account for. The network belongs to my roommate, and in addition to my devices, I've identified all her devices on the network. But this one device shows up at 10.0.0.11 and I have no idea what it is.

Today I was home alone, talking on the phone with my computer open in front of me, when WiFi Guard popped up an alert (I've got it set to scan every 10 minutes until I get this figured out), after having been "quiet" all morning. Since my roommate wasn't home and I activated no devices before the alert, I can only assume we have an interloper.

Is there any way I can use the MAC address to track down this device? Or can someone suggest something else I can do to ID it?

Win 10 ver 1909

:)

3point1, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Network will not show on the last device.

Hi James,

I suggest you to remove all the networks that are connected to your device and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems. If you recently upgraded to
    Windows 10, it's possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows. Check to see if an updated driver is available.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.

• In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software >
      Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

• After installing the updated driver, select the Start
      unk device on network [​IMG]
      button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save
    it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Rely us with the status to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 11, 2020
  4. unk device on network

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

unk device on network [​IMG]

putermaker, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

unk device on network

1. unk device on network - Similar Threads - unk device network

2. Virtual Network Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Network Device: I've just run into a problem. After the installation the software has decline complete installation process in between. I've also attached a screenshot to identify the problem broadly. I have tried to open the link "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=313392" which has...
  3. Network Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Devices: I have a new HP PC running Win 10. I just want to see the devices currently connected to my VPN. Can't find a way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-devices/961f75f9-a157-49d8-b7c3-27d1e7c8a0f5
  4. Networked devices and icons

Networked devices and icons: I am currently running version 20H2 but this is an ongoing issue. I have on pc that has Network sharing enabled and I have also enabled SMB 1.0. The problems is that I have 2 pc; and 3 servers that show up when I clicked Network. Prieviously I was able to see several...
  5. Network devices not showing

Network devices not showing: Since updating windows 10 it has made my PC2 network device vanish from Network list? I have googled and YouTube every possible solution. Everything to network discovery is set to Turn on. Can someone please help? Windows 10 pro - 20H2 165691
  6. unknown device on network

unknown device on network: Hello, I use WiFi Guard to monitor my network devices, and have a device showing up on the network that I cannot account for. The network belongs to my roommate, and in addition to my devices, I've identified all her devices on the network. But this one device shows up at...
  7. Duplicate Network Devices

Duplicate Network Devices: Hi, Is there a way to remove the duplicate network devices under Network\Other Devices?. I see my router being displayed 3 times with exactly the same info, even under Properties.. same MAC address, IP.. they are all identical. See pic. Windows 10 Pro - OS Build 19041.388 -...
  8. Teredo on Network Device

Teredo on Network Device: Teredo 192.168.1.9.57227->UDP WNDR4000 Gateway Properties, Network Device. Under Services Setting. Is it a virus or spyware? Should I permanently remove it?. Thank You...
  9. networking -- identifying devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    networking -- identifying devices: I am trying to network two computers. Let's call them A and B. In File Explorer in Computer A, Computer B shows up as a "media device." Whatever that is. How can I make Computer B show up as a "computer," instead of as a "media device?" Bonus question: I tried to connect to...
  10. Network Devices

Network Devices: Clean install of 10049 and 10056(leaked). Network devices do not show up under Network.Did a update of both still not showing. Did a clean install of 100041.Devices show up ok .Upgraded to 10061 still ok.Is this a bug in 10049 ? 5561