Windows 10: Unknow icon on desktop

Discus and support Unknow icon on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is an unknown icon in the upper left corner of my Windows 10 desktop. It looks kind of like a hand. Right clicking on it, does not do anything. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Don891, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Don891 Win User

Unknow icon on desktop

There is an unknown icon in the upper left corner of my Windows 10 desktop. It looks kind of like a hand. Right clicking on it, does not do anything. I cannot drag it either. Left clicking does nothing. I have attached a screen shot showing it.

Unknow icon on desktop 48fedc40-63fb-4a2f-b7da-6bf7991dcf25?upload=true.jpg

:)

Don891, Sep 26, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Unknow icon on desktop

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Unknow icon on desktop

1. Unknow icon on desktop - Similar Threads - Unknow icon desktop

2. Unknow Slow Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknow Slow Down: To make this simple i have a strange bug going on my laptop after a windows update where the processors slow down massively compared to before. This is not the first time this has occurred either after an update. The only why i have found to fix it was a factory reset and...
  3. Unknow Slow Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknow Slow Down: To make this simple i have a strange bug going on my laptop after a windows update where the processors slow down massively compared to before. This is not the first time this has occurred either after an update. The only why i have found to fix it was a factory reset and...
  4. Unknow Slow Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknow files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknow files: Hey I just bought a zephryus rog 15 asus, and I saw these files just pop up. Are these safe? How can you tell if its safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknow-files/ebcddbc3-3905-4c9e-8047-f0272a5bccf8
  6. Unknow files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknow files: Hey I just bought a zephryus rog 15 asus, and I saw these files just pop up. Are these safe? How can you tell if its safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknow-files/ebcddbc3-3905-4c9e-8047-f0272a5bccf8
  7. Unknow Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unknow Disk Usage: Hi, I have a 128GB (120GB?) SSD as my C: drive and a 3TB HDD as my D: drive. I put virtually all my programs and data on the D: drive and have the SSD as a fast boot up with the essentials. Just lately, though, the SSD has been showing as nearly full: 106GB out of the max...
  8. program unknow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    program unknow: what is program "afraid provide research " and how I can delete it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-unknow/9763c442-2fd8-4b78-b2c5-2f5b772c3b5a"
  9. Unknow Publisher Warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unknow Publisher Warning: I downloaded and opened updated drivers and software for new printer, but then my comp asks me if I will allow this app to make changes to my computer....publisher unknown. I am hesitant to allow this, but I got the download from Brother website. Any advice please. 72718
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511