Windows 10: Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt

Discus and support Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD while installing Windows 10. Please help to get all partitions? Problem: How to get back old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Vijay007, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Vijay007 Win User

Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt

Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD while installing Windows 10. Please help to get all partitions?
    Problem: How to get back old partitions?

Error Made: Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD, while installing Windows 10.

Totally my disk with three partitions.

Partition 1: Where I Tried to install windows10, but thrown an error as mentioned below.
    Partition2 & 3 : other partitions which were gone after entering clean command.
    While I was installing Windows10, it has shown an error like windows cannot be installed on this partition, it is GPT partition, which is partition 1.

So went to repair my pc --> Repair PC selected advanced options and command prompt then.

> diskpart
    > list disk
    > select disk 0
    > list partition
    > select partition 1
    >clean
    Then I checked
    >list partition
    No partitions are available
    >list disk

it is giving total disk capacity around 950 GB as disk 0

Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad Z580

Please help me out..... *cry

:)

Vijay007, Feb 21, 2018

2. USB Keyboard and Mouse no longer work on Windows 10 Login Screen

YOU MEAN USE ON EVERYTHING AS IN PREBOOT.

You can not even access safe mode with no M & K functions. There could be commands from command prompt to maybe fix this, but I doubt it. And can you even use M & K using command prompt

I hate to say but repair >> system restore or reset PC or clean install may be only options.

seahawks65, Feb 21, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    AN OPERATING SYSTEM WASN'T FOUND

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided, Were you able to access the
    Advanced Startup options (Startup Repair screen)? If yes, you can repair the boot from there by using the
    Command Prompt. Here is how:

From the Startup Repair screen, click on
    Advanced Options. Under the
    Choose an option screen, select
    Troubleshoot > Advanced options> Command Prompt. Please enter the following
    command:

• Bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /fixMBR

• bootrec /fixBoot

• bootrec /rebuildBCD

If not, you can use your
    ISO file
    to access the Advance Startup
    repair, boot your PC using the
    ISO file
    and on the bottom left of the Windows setup screen, click on Repair my
    PC > Troubleshoot > Advance Options > Command Prompt
    and enter the command I provided.

If the issue persists, you can clean install Windows 10, contact our
    Answer Desk for the activation key and explain to them what happened.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 21, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this description of 'clean' shows that crucial information about your partitions has been destroyed - overwritten.
    Clean vs Clean all in diskpart.. - [Solved] - Windows 7

Have you been using disk imaging routinely- which we repeatedly recommend? (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free - yes free) + external storage for disk image sets.

If you have, you can restore the most recent image.

(There are other disk imaging programs around too- it's been available for years as a method).

Hopefully you have a full backup of your personal data.

You can of course see what happens if you use data recovery or partition recovery programs such as
    Rebuild and Recover Partition Table - EaseUS Partition Table Doctor

but I would assume the purpose of that command is to make that impossible.

dalchina, Feb 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt - Similar Threads - Unknowingly fired clean

2. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  3. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  4. Automatic Repair Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Command Prompt: I am trying to repair my computer in Automatic Repair on Windows 10. However, when I try to run command prompt in this mode it insists I need an administrator account, which i do not have and was actually going to create with command prompt. How do I work around this?...
  5. Command Prompt to Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt to Repair Disk: I found this page when searching for a solution to my BSOD: Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt? I started following zbook's instructions but got immediately confused because for the C Directory it showed my D drive (which I read elsewhere is to be...
  6. "rename" command in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "rename" command in Command Prompt: Never thought I'd have another DOS question, but ... never say never, I guess. So I have a folder with sub-folders named with the dates of all the weekdays in April, in the format 2019-04-xx_. I want to change the names to May, i.e. replace "04" with "05". I opened a...
  7. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  8. Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc: Is there a way to use the Command Prompt on Windows Repair Disc without a working keyboard? 12712
  9. Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt: Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD while installing Windows 10. Please help to get all partitions? Problem: How to get back old partitions? Error Made: Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD, while installing Windows 10. My disk...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240