Windows 10: Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security)

Discus and support Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Only just recently downloaded win10 and everything is fine, however in going to edit the tag information for an audio track I noticed two additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackageo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jackageo Win User

Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security)

Only just recently downloaded win10 and everything is fine, however in going to edit the tag information for an audio track I noticed two additional "Groups or user names" in my list which weren't there when I was running win7.

The first one is " Account Unknwon (A-#-#-##-10#-10#-10#-4#)" where A represents a letter and # a number (and therefore 10# is 10 numbers, and so on) with the actual string omitted for security (just in case). This account has permissions limited to "Read & Execute" and "Read" (<- duh microsoft).

The second is WMPNetworkSvc, which after the slightest bit of googling told me is some kinda service for sharing media. The questions here are;

• did this service activate automatically with win10 upgrade (didnt exist for me before then),
    • is it important?,
    • can i delete it without effecting my "windows experience" considering I dont use any of the new features outside of the local machine (i.e. apps, etc) and if yes to 3, how?

NOTE: these users only pop up in specific locations, for example, if i right click the desktop folder in "Quick Access" it only has the three standard users. In the same manner but for the music folder both of these new users show up. In the documents folder the anonymous user has permissions by not WMPNetworkSvc.

please and thank you to anyone who graces this post with their internet presence!

P.S. if my computer specs are relevant im happy to share although this seems more like a software thing.

:)

jackageo, Aug 8, 2015

2. Cannot use Twitter's Tweet button in IE or Edge

Hi I was not able to delete all Folders in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

So I went into Folder Properties, security, and in there there is an "account unknown" in group and users section. It reads "account unknown 9s-1-15-2-3624051433-2125758914-142 etc etc" what is that for. Should it be there.?

Regards Paul

Paul.Fulton, Aug 8, 2015
  3. tb2b Win User
    Showing Account Unknown (bunch of random numbers) under Advanced Permission settings in Windows 10

Old title: Account Unknown (bunch of random numbers)

I was looking at the properties on one of my music files I downloaded from my SoundCloud account and it in the Security tab it has two accounts called "Account Unknown (then a lot of numbers)" It has only happened to some of my files. Also, don't say it's
    a deleted account because I have only ever had one account.

tb2b, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Firey1989 Win User

I do not have an answer for you except for I have the same two accounts.

I have the S-#-#-.... on my Music folder, and I have the WMPN... on my Music, Video and Pictures folder(s).

They do not seem to appear on the Documents folder or on other files / folders in my system.

Firey1989, Aug 8, 2015
  5. jackageo Win User
    Hmmm, so one would imagine this could be on most win10 setups (i know, big leap from 2 people to "most" but heck why not). Any idea what they are? Given the amount of sharing win10 wants to do (re: all security settings when installing) could it be some sort of default account for media sharing?

jackageo, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Firey1989 Win User
    I found the following on WMPNetworkSvc and that is for Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service which is also a service featured in services.msc

http://www.blackviper.com/windows-se...aring-service/

This service is currently set to manual for me and stopped by default.

As for the S-... account, I clicked on it and it resolved itself to the following group \\COMPUTERNAME\HomeUsers

Firey1989, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security) - Similar Threads - Unknown Account list

2. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.: Is someone able to explain to me what and who these are please? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown-followed-with-string-of-numbers-in/820a84be-2cc6-4547-bc79-d5810783047b
  3. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.: Is someone able to explain to me what and who these are please? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown-followed-with-string-of-numbers-in/820a84be-2cc6-4547-bc79-d5810783047b
  4. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disc properties unknown user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc properties unknown user: Today in my disc properties security tab I found an unknown user with some numbers and letters. I searched it on the internet and apparently it might not be a hacker or malware. What is it though? ShouldI delete it? Also, I don't remember making an account and then deleting...
  6. Disc properties unknown user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disc properties unknown user: Today in my disc properties security tab I found an unknown user with some numbers and letters. I searched it on the internet and apparently it might not be a hacker or malware. What is it though? ShouldI delete it? Also, I don't remember making an account and then deleting...
  7. Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"?: My "User Profiles" list includes 3 entries labelled "Account Unknown". Looking at the profiles listed in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList, it seems that the accounts are three accounts with SIDs starting with...
  8. Strange "Unknown" User Account on Security Tab

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange "Unknown" User Account on Security Tab: I happened to look at the Security tab of file properties and noticed a strange "Unknown" user account. The SID isn't listed in the registry under HKEY_Users and doesn't appear in Control Panel User Accounts. Should I delete this account? How can I figure out what it is?...
  9. unknown account "S-1" in file properties/ security

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown account "S-1" in file properties/ security: Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if remodifying the registry whereas immediately it takes back the registry even if removing/ denying type/ unselecting clicked choice,...
  10. unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties: Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if remodifying the registry whereas immediately it takes back the registry even if removing/ denying type/ unselecting clicked choice,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1-15-2-3624051433-2125758914-142...

2. file properties account unknown windows 10

3. account unknown in users

4. unknown account in ubuntu iso properties,
  5. what is account unknown in file security,
  6. uknown user on file properties security,
  7. user unknown delete profile using powershell