Windows 10: Unknown account on my computer

Discus and support Unknown account on my computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. Because I use my laptop at home only, I don’t need a password on startup. One week ego something... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nikonuser, Sep 16, 2019.

1. nikonuser Win User

Unknown account on my computer

Hello, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. Because I use my laptop at home only, I don’t need a password on startup. One week ego something has change I don’t know why and on startup. Now on start up I see a screen with window for password and in bottom left corner two accounts to choose from. I never created any additional account on my computer. When I checked the List of User Accounts it show only my original account. On User Accounts - user must enter…. box is unchecked. Wonder if someone can help me with this problem.

:)

nikonuser, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Unknown account on my computer

Unknown account keeps forming in Windows 10 64bit

Hello Nearchos,

There are different ways for us to remove this unknown user account from your computer. Let's try these troubleshooting steps below:

Troubleshooting 1:

• Access your Microsoft account here.
    • Click on Manage my Microsoft account as it will lead you to the website of Microsoft Account configuration.
    • Once logged in, you can manage any Microsoft accounts that have been created on your PC and you may attempt to delete the unknown user account.

Troubleshooting 2:

• Click on Family & other users.
    • Look for the unknown user account and click on "Remove" or "Delete".

Troubleshooting 3:

• Enable the built-in Administrator account or create a new administrator user.
    • Convert the first administrator account that you created during the Windows 10 installation to the local account. (If applicable)
    • Sign-in to Windows 10 using the built-in Administrator or additionally created administrator account.
    • Remove the first administrator account.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Edjay Rust, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Unknown account on my computer

1. Unknown account on my computer - Similar Threads - Unknown account computer

2. Unknown account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown account?: I keep being asked to sing in/verify a work/school account that isn't mine. How to I delete this unknown account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-account/6bd0bc6b-bd42-4ba9-ac68-af58f76e4080
  3. Unknown account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown account?: I keep being asked to sing in/verify a work/school account that isn't mine. How to I delete this unknown account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-account/6bd0bc6b-bd42-4ba9-ac68-af58f76e4080
  4. Unknown account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown account: When I look at group or usernames under windows properties, I see an "Account unknown". This account starts with S-1-15 and has a bunch of numbers separated by hyphens in groups of 7 to 8 characters. What is this and is it supposed to be there?...
  5. Unknown user account on new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user account on new computer: I have bought my wife a laptop and a desktop over the past year and both have created an admin account named “carol” but we do not have access to this account. my wife’s name is not carol but both computers have the same admin account. Has anyone else had this issue? The...
  6. Account Unknown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Unknown: What are all these account unkowns? Also they only show up on files in the download folder.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown/adac6f72-1485-4aa5-90cd-2391eda1d96e
  7. Unknown account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unknown account: [IMG]1st account shown on the bottom left corner is my account but i don't know from where did the 2nd account came. I can't even remove it. Kindly guide me on how to remove it....
  8. unknown device on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown device on my computer: What is askey.com? Is it a threat? I noticed it is connected to my network when I was checking WIFI usage in my internet provider account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-device-on-my-computer/8d9e501e-2a97-4022-bc5d-d3b90841e26a
  9. Unknown computer in my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown computer in my network: I discovered an unknown computer in my network. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Any suggestions. Has anybody else had this happen to you before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-computer-in-my-network/5f2e750d-bbb7-4919-bd6a-a315f5ea2708
  10. unknown account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unknown account: Via Windows Store I downloaded and installed "Persons" (in Dutch: Personen) everything works fine (can add, edit and delete persons,..) but on opening I see an error message "Failed Synchronisation on 1 account" Selecting this I see a button "Repair Account" Clicking this...