Windows 10: unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties

Discus and support unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marwan.bs, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Marwan.bs Win User

unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties

Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if remodifying the registry whereas immediately it takes back the registry even if removing/ denying type/ unselecting clicked choice, therefore such account comes back to win the settings leading other issues like Event ID: 2, 46, 69, 104, 417, 492, 1000, 8198, 10010, 10016 and preventing access Microsoft apps even if repairing/resetting setting of the apps.
    how to resolve such issue, before its too late whereas i had to format windows last time but that unknown account reappeared.

:)

Marwan.bs, Jan 13, 2019

2. can i find out who is account unknown

I open the properties to a file under default user1 and then click

Security. i am concerned that an "account unknown" is listed.

here is part number

CaseyMcGinty, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 13, 2019
  4. glnz Win User

Account Unknown has full Security permissions on my own User - huh?

Account Unknown(S-1-5-21-1345748419-2493160549-2943627078-1000)
    has full permissions in the "Advanced Security Settings" for my own user account on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit PC.
    What is it? Is this normal?

If I go to C:\Users\ , it lists four users:
    [Myself]
    Default.migrated
    Public.

If I right-click on [Myself] and hit Properties, then go to the security tab, it lists four "Group or user names:" with certain Permissions:
    SYSTEM with full permissions - all items checked
    Account Unknown(S-1-5-21-1345748419-2493160549-2943627078-1000) with the same full permissions - all items checked
    [Myself] with the same full permissions - all items checked
    Administrators with the same full permissions - all items checked

What is the Account Unknown(S-1-5-21-1345748419-2493160549-2943627078-1000), and how did it get there?

Two clues:
    1) My PC is dual-booting Win 7 Pro 64-bit and this Win 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm in the Win 10
    2) 15 minutes ago (and before checking this), I turned on Public file sharing so other PCs on my home network could see any documents I put in those Public folders or maybe vice versa. I do NOT have "Homegroup" turned on.

But wha' happening here?

Thema:

1. unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties - Similar Threads - unknown account security

2. Strange account named S-1-5-21-xxxx-1001 in security properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange account named S-1-5-21-xxxx-1001 in security properties: Im my apps Properties There is a strange account in the security tab with the name S-1-5-21-xxxx-1001, When i look at the users on my computer it does not show up. I am also not able to change any of its permissons is this some kind of virus?...
  3. Strange account named S-1-5-21-xxxx-1001 in security properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange account named S-1-5-21-xxxx-1001 in security properties: Im my apps Properties There is a strange account in the security tab with the name S-1-5-21-xxxx-1001, When i look at the users on my computer it does not show up. I am also not able to change any of its permissons is this some kind of virus?...
  4. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.: Is someone able to explain to me what and who these are please? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown-followed-with-string-of-numbers-in/820a84be-2cc6-4547-bc79-d5810783047b
  5. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.: Is someone able to explain to me what and who these are please? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknown-followed-with-string-of-numbers-in/820a84be-2cc6-4547-bc79-d5810783047b
  6. 'Account Unknown' followed with string of numbers in security tab on properties.

7. Account Unknown S-1-14-3... showing up on Properties Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown S-1-14-3... showing up on Properties Panel: Hi,There's an unknown account showing up on the Security Panel in Properties. Is this normal? I want to ensure that my computer isn't compromised. I think it showed up after the 2H22 Windows Update, but I'm not entirely sure. I've tried removing it, but it reappears after a...
  8. Account Unknown S-1-14-3... showing up on Properties Panel

Account Unknown S-1-14-3... showing up on Properties Panel: Hi,There's an unknown account showing up on the Security Panel in Properties. Is this normal? I want to ensure that my computer isn't compromised. I think it showed up after the 2H22 Windows Update, but I'm not entirely sure. I've tried removing it, but it reappears after a...
  9. unknown account "S-1" in file properties/ security

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown account "S-1" in file properties/ security: Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if remodifying the registry whereas immediately it takes back the registry even if removing/ denying type/ unselecting clicked choice,...
  10. Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security): Only just recently downloaded win10 and everything is fine, however in going to edit the tag information for an audio track I noticed two additional "Groups or user names" in my list which weren't there when I was running win7. The first one is " Account Unknwon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file properties account unknown windows 10