Windows 10: unknown account

Discus and support unknown account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am seeing unknown windows account in option but a problem is that i did not create it. ESET antivirus is offering me to turn on a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daniel3548665, Nov 22, 2018.

1. unknown account

Hey guys,

I am seeing unknown windows account in option but a problem is that i did not create it. ESET antivirus is offering me to turn on a parental control for this account while it seems to be new account. Can you guys help me with that? Any opinions ? Is it some kind of malware or something ? no idea... unknown account :D

An unknown account is named "cgiljaywj"

:)

Daniel3548665, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Nov 22, 2018
  4. borgus Win User

unknown account

Unknown account removal

In a 'permissions' dialog an attempt to remove an UNKNOWN ACCOUNT prompts that inheritance first must be disabled. Two options are offered...

1) Convert inherited permissions to explicit permissions on this object
    2) Remove all inherited permissions from the object

Which should be chosen, and will other accounts be affected? Or, would it be prudent to ignore the unknown account?

This is an "Sxxx" account and does not appear in the USERS account list, nor with other normal registry accounts.

borgus, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

unknown account

1. unknown account - Similar Threads - unknown account

2. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  3. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  4. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account UnknownS-1-5-21-235848236-322578882-4173758772-100 3 is Rootkit hacker software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account UnknownS-1-5-21-235848236-322578882-4173758772-100 3 is Rootkit hacker software: I want this **** gone form my laptop Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknowns-1-5-21-235848236-322578882/8f587e5e-0ea0-4402-8eaa-2a0f5af47283
  6. Account UnknownS-1-5-21-235848236-322578882-4173758772-100 3 is Rootkit hacker software

Account UnknownS-1-5-21-235848236-322578882-4173758772-100 3 is Rootkit hacker software: I want this **** gone form my laptop Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unknowns-1-5-21-235848236-322578882/8f587e5e-0ea0-4402-8eaa-2a0f5af47283
  7. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  8. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...: Note that one need to be the family organizer to remove people from the family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-daughters-account-is-now-managed-by-a-new/d2d833e8-2335-4944-9451-0ded37b395a2
  9. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  10. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...: Note that one need to be the family organizer to remove people from the family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-daughters-account-is-now-managed-by-a-new/d2d833e8-2335-4944-9451-0ded37b395a2