Windows 10: Unknown accounts on my HDD after reinstalling Windows

Discus and support Unknown accounts on my HDD after reinstalling Windows in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After I reinstalled Windows 10, i'm getting some permission issues on my external HDD due to unknown account but i can gain access again by clicking... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by evildog1, Mar 6, 2020.

1. evildog1 Win User

Unknown accounts on my HDD after reinstalling Windows

After I reinstalled Windows 10, i'm getting some permission issues on my external HDD due to unknown account but i can gain access again by clicking continue when asked. Some of my files have double unknown accounts.
    But there is still an issue with permission that my programs can't access it correctly.

I need to remove unknown accounts and gain myself full access manually in order to solve the problem for my whole HDD

This has never happened in the past. I always able to access my external HDD without any problem since Windows 7 until now. How can i prevent this issue in the future when I reinstall Windows 10 again?

I'm using Windows 10 1909 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Unknown accounts on my HDD after reinstalling Windows bdfhy2S.png

:)

evildog1, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Unknown accounts on my HDD after reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - Unknown accounts HDD

2. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows: Hello there,Recently, I reinstalled my windows10 on my legion5 pro laptop and downloaded all the derivers from the lenovo system update app but I still fined myself with a lot of unknown devices under the other devices in device manager that can not be known or updated.So far...
  3. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows: Hello there,Recently, I reinstalled my windows10 on my legion5 pro laptop and downloaded all the derivers from the lenovo system update app but I still fined myself with a lot of unknown devices under the other devices in device manager that can not be known or updated.So far...
  4. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. there is an unknown windows account in my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    there is an unknown windows account in my pc: hi. so today i was just checking my bitedefender and I find out that there is an account called 'john is weak; in my pc and bitedefender wants me to change the password of it but I cant, because bite defender also asks me to enter old password can anyone tell me what...
  6. How to wipe my hdd and reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to wipe my hdd and reinstall windows: I wanna wipe my hdd and start from scratch with a fresh os on my ssd submitted by /u/Marlonkys [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2hwsn/how_to_wipe_my_hdd_and_reinstall_windows/
  7. Windows 10 reinstall after replacing a HDD on my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstall after replacing a HDD on my laptop: I am needing to replace the hard drive on my laptop. I've read the article about the reinstall process but wanted to ask if I need have old hard drive in place first, then create the boot disk (usb thumb drive) next, and then swap out the old hard drive for the new one, or...
  8. Unknown error after reinstalling windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown error after reinstalling windows 10: So I had a very persistent virus or malware on my laptop after which I had to reinstall windows but since then I'm getting this unknown error on startup and also some apps installations were being blocked by the administrator even though I got full administrator rights. I've...
  9. windows 10 reinstall after HDD replaced

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 reinstall after HDD replaced: Hello The HDD in my laptop has failed and I want to replace it. How do I get my current version of Win 10 up and running on it? make a windows start up disc ? - I have taken note of my win 10 key, once a new OS is installed can I just activate it with the same key...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 OEM after changing my HDD To an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10 OEM after changing my HDD To an SSD: Hi Can i reinstall windows 10 on my laptop if i change my HDD to SSD without losing my OEM windows 10 license ?? Thanx....