Windows 10: Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data

Discus and support Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Today I noticed an unknown app listed as "extractor" in the data usage section of the system settings in Windows 10. [ATTACH] So, is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data

Hi,

Today I noticed an unknown app listed as "extractor" in the data usage section of the system settings in Windows 10.

Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data f90c5e1e-f538-4f6d-abe4-5253bf2d022b?upload=true.png

So, is there a way by which I can know the location, the source and the method by which it can be eradicated from my pc?

Thanks,

Regards,

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Nov 23, 2019

2. Unknown data usage

The Nokia Lumia Windows Phone has a very good considerable battery life. I wouldn't worry with having the Battery Saver featured enabled much because honestly you won't need it unless in case of emergencies. The data usage is very much so defined by your
    wireless carrier more than Windows Phone. You may need to contact them directly to ask why your data usage is increasing if you are not changing from your regular routines and the usage was not the same in usage.

This can also be defined by observing the things you do with Windows Phone. Your service area also defines when and where your data is used by the phone automatically because in a sense it tells the phone the only way it can function at certain times is
    via the data connection (hence increasing the data usage on your wireless plan). You can always disable the data features on Windows Phone. This is mainly what I suggest you do until you contact the carrier directly and alert them of what is going on. You
    should also consider using an unlimited data plan, or a data plan that only allows for WiFi usage. The very last step is how to completely disable the data features, but you can also try these steps as well to improve your data usage overall, follow
    these steps and then call your carrier to inquire about the data options you have:

If you don't have an unlimited data plan, you may be looking for ways to shave a little bit off of your data usage. This topic provides a few ways to turn down or turn off some of the features that require a data connection on your phone.
    Turn on Battery Saver
    Battery Saver turns off some, but not all, of the features that require a data connection. You can turn it on whenever you want, or set it to turn on automatically when your battery is low. To learn more, see Battery:
    making it last

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings
      Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data start-icon-settings.png
      > Battery
      saver.

• Do one or both of the following:
      • If you want Battery Saver to turn on whenever the battery gets to 20%, select Always turn on Battery Saver when battery is low.
      • If you want to turn on Battery Saver now and leave it on until the next time you plug in your phone, select Turn on Battery Saver now until next charge.

Change email sync settings
    You can choose how often your phone automatically syncs email, or you can sync it manually, just when you want to.

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap the email account whose settings you want to change.

• Tap More
      Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data basic-icon-ellipses.png
      > Settings, and then tap Sync
      settings.

• Tap the Download new content list, then tap a time. If you don't want your phone to ever sync email from this account automatically, tap Manually.

Turn on airplane mode
    If you're looking to turn off your cellular connection just for a while, an easy way is to turn on airplane mode.

> Airplane
      mode.

• Turn Status to On.

Stop sending usage feedback with a data connection
    Your phone can send feedback to help improve Windows Phones, but you can choose not to send this feedback using a cellular data connection.

> Feedback.

• Clear the Use my cellular data connection to send feedback check box.

Turn off your cellular data connection
    The most thorough way to make sure you're not using data is to turn off your data connection altogether.

> Cellular.

• Turn Data connection to Off.

Jody.Brown, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data

i have messed up with my display settings in widows 10. the contrast level has gone high,want to fix it needed help

Hello Amey,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type “high contrast settings” into the search box, then select
      High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select None from the drop-down menu, then select
      Apply.
    Check and let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data

1. Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data - Similar Threads - Unknown App Shown

2. unknown unauthorized app got access to my data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown unauthorized app got access to my data: Recently I have been frequently getting emails notifying me of "New apps have access to your data". Each time I see this, I remove it swiftly since I do not recognize it and have never authorized any such app.Each time I see it , the app can access "my Xbox Live profile and...
  3. unknown unauthorized app got access to my data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown unauthorized app got access to my data: Recently I have been frequently getting emails notifying me of "New apps have access to your data". Each time I see this, I remove it swiftly since I do not recognize it and have never authorized any such app.Each time I see it , the app can access "my Xbox Live profile and...
  4. No data in app and service activity are shown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No data in app and service activity are shown: When using apps on Windows 10/11, the apps and service activity drop-down in the Microsoft account privacy settings shows "No Data". This problem occurs in a day or two.I've enclosed a screenshot:...
  5. No data in app and service activity are shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No data in app and service activity are shown: When using apps on Windows 10/11, the apps and service activity drop-down in the Microsoft account privacy settings shows "No Data". This problem occurs in a day or two.I've enclosed a screenshot:...
  6. No data in app and service activity are shown

7. Unknown how Random setting and app changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown how Random setting and app changes: Ive got something installed on my computer that is filling up task manager and making changes to permissinons and confusing the hell outta me. What can i do? I believe its something to do with realtech audio or skype because these apps keep showing up even after i disable...
  8. Incorrect data shown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect data shown: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/z1m9pljt3yx41.png?width=1586&format=png&auto=webp&s=3592ae06dcc2bff3b9da429e292d279fe7c605c9 i want to free up some space in computer and did a little scan. i scanned a single file and then i opened it and scanned all together. the...
  9. unknown app using microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown app using microphone: A short time ago my noticed every noise I made when on or near my HP desktop started echoing from my speaker, and often gives a shrill whining or whistle. I have a microphone icon on my taskbar and it say 1 app is using my microphone. I turned off all microphone permission,...
  10. Unwanted Apps Using Data

Unwanted Apps Using Data: Is there a way to stop preinstalled Apps from using up my monthly Metered Data allowance? In Settings > Apps > Apps & Features there are several preinstalled Apps listed that I will never use. These Apps use an amount of my Data each month, and I believe that I am not able...