Windows 10: unknown app using microphone

Discus and support unknown app using microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A short time ago my noticed every noise I made when on or near my HP desktop started echoing from my speaker, and often gives a shrill whining or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlbertSutton1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. unknown app using microphone

A short time ago my noticed every noise I made when on or near my HP desktop started echoing from my speaker, and often gives a shrill whining or whistle. I have a microphone icon on my taskbar and it say 1 app is using my microphone. I turned off all microphone permission, but no change. I even here myself on my keyboard. I'm don't have a great deal of knowledge about computers, but I am old and can travel. I My desktop is my only contact with the rest of the world. Please, can someone please help me? Sincerely, Albert Sutton

:)

AlbertSutton1, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 22, 2020
  4. unknown app using microphone

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

unknown app using microphone

1. unknown app using microphone - Similar Threads - unknown app using

2. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with allowing apps to use microphone: Hi, I'm having a problem with allowing my apps to use my microphone. I might have found the solution but its not working as the switch to turn it on is locked. Here is a screenshot: The button is a bit faint and clicking on it wont change anything. How can I solve this?...
  3. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with allowing apps to use microphone: Hi, I'm having a problem with allowing my apps to use my microphone. I might have found the solution but its not working as the switch to turn it on is locked. Here is a screenshot: The button is a bit faint and clicking on it wont change anything. How can I solve this?...
  4. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unknown app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown app: A zip file has just appeared on my desktop. Diagnostic_v2.0.7.1_5_1222.exe. Does anyone know what this is please? I have searched online but only 3 results come up, All 3 are ITsafety.net who say "ITSafety blog will help you to clean your system from Adware, Trojans and other...
  6. Unknown apps

Unknown apps: I'm setting up my new laptop and found this app which i can't understand the name of it and can't edit. What is this app? Should I do anything about it? Thank you.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-apps/c724953e-85ec-45c7-bb3e-0564c08e8621
  7. Allow apps to use my microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to use my microphone: Hi Premiere pro is not showing in my list of allow apps to use my microphone. So I'm not able to use my Blue Yeti in premiere pro. Is there any way an app can be added to this list....
  8. Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown App Shown In Settings Using High Data: Hi, Today I noticed an unknown app listed as "extractor" in the data usage section of the system settings in Windows 10. [ATTACH] So, is there a way by which I can know the location, the source and the method by which it can be eradicated from my pc? Thanks, Regards,...
  9. Unknown App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unknown App: I have an app installed on my computer, I'm not sure what it is and it won't allow me to delete it. Since it showed up I've started to have a virus on my computer. The app is 6b264507-ba91-4d85-86c9-1e827315cbe0. And the message just says it can't find the app to delete...
  10. Unknown Background App

Unknown Background App: There is an unknown item in the "Settings-->Privacy-->Background apps" titled "@{Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutural_ne[???]." What is this item and how to remove this item? [ATTACH]...